Wanted Round smooth mirrors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HelloKitty65

SILVER Star
Threads
20180612_111032.jpg
Am still hoping to find two smooth back round mirrors for a '64 FJ40 (or advice on a convincing substitute).
Also, I picked up a new telescoping mirror arm, and notice the base is much shorter than early ones. Anyone have period correct telescoping mirror arm/bracket they would care to part with? (Update, arm found)

Last edited:
Great news John. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Here it is, at least 1/2 of it next to a stock shortie. does not have clamp collar or mirror head extension. Could possibly take the ones off of the one you have. Should have some trade value? John
DSC03861.JPG

Pm sent.

Thanks @pardion. Still hoping to find some early smooth on the back, round mirrors.

Bump on smooth, aka white early mirrors.

those are aftermarket modded to work

But the heads might work on Keith's arms w/o the mods.

I think Keith is out of Internet access in the backwoods this week. Debating on whether to pick those up for him or not. Not 100% sure they are what he is looking for, or if they are close enough. If he doesn't like them, I could use them on my project, I suppose.

Yeah I thought about picking them up but figured to post them here first. I think he found the arm he was looking for but wanted the ‘smooth’ back mirrors.

So these mirror heads are aftermarket?

Am back from the wilds. Both FJ40's ran sweet. :)
I seem to be collecting round mirrors. One looked OK online, then turned out to be convex. Thanks @S4Cruiser for the tip, and @nuclearlemon for the ID of aftermarket glass. I do need one of the arms like these for my '68 and so picked up the Ebay ones. @oregon fj , we'll talk.
Found a source for a lookalike mirror sold by Octane Lighting, although having never seen one, I can't say it's actually like an oe. So, still seeking two early round mirrors circa '64-'65.

20180808_194424.jpg

Anyone have some good pictures of the OEM smooth round mirrors?
I feel like I'm chasing a phantom, or have a search image possibly based on an aftermarket period product. Don't make me fly to Salt Lake just to visit the LC museum again.

Please do if you see one. You making that trip in an early rig?

no, i'll be wheeling in, so taking the 80 since my home away from home is on top. ;) annie got to spend a week in the museum last year, so she can skip a year or two

in my calendar :) i actually leave tomorrow. i'm one of the co leaders for the denver expedition to cruiserfest

good news, bad news. i made it to the museum, but too many friends i haven't seen in years meant i didn't get any time to wander through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom