round plastic plugs in rear corners of interior? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was browsing over my future Pig this past weekend, and I noticed that there are two, round plastic plugs about 2 inches in diameter on either side of the rear doors, way up at the top. Anyone know what these may have originally been for? I like the idea of removing these and using the existing holes for some much needed tweeters in the back.

In examining the '76 Pig that the owner's brother has, he does not have the 2" holes. So I'm at a loss.

Any info appreciated!

I was browsing over my future Pig this past weekend, and I noticed that there are two, round plastic plugs about 2 inches in diameter on either side of the rear doors, way up at the top. Anyone know what these may have originally been for? I like the idea of removing these and using the existing holes for some much needed tweeters in the back.

In examining the '76 Pig that the owner's brother has, he does not have the 2" holes. So I'm at a loss.

Any info appreciated!

Let's see a picture of what you are talking about. Sounds like a PO mod to me.

They are oem. Not sure what they are for, but have seen them a bunch.

I was wondering the same thing myself when I gutted mine I was thinking its probley to run wires

htownfire said:
I was wondering the same thing myself when I gutted mine I was thinking its probley to run wires

Do they just pop out? Man - what a great find for some great audio, and no drilling!

They are for access to the emmission hoses that run through the pillars

I took all that emmision crap out when I put the 4bt in. That would be a great place for a tweeter. And yes they just pop out.

I have 2 small "plugs" on the back pillar's of my 55, but they are lower, about level with the tailgate with the window down. And they actually have wire running to them. But my 55 is non-US...Aussie...my guess is they are some sort of non-US Aux. power source.

BLACKGOLD said:
I have 2 small "plugs" on the back pillar's of my 55, but they are lower, about level with the tailgate with the window down. And they actually have wire running to them. But my 55 is non-US...Aussie...my guess is they are some sort of non-US Aux. power source.

Or an alt tweeter source conjured up by some genius Japanese auto engineer from 40 years ago! He knew an audiophile from 2011 would be eyeing up sound system possibilities for the trek to the trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom