Round pinion flanges (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What year did they start to use round pinion flanges? Was it before the FJ62? I have one of each in my '75 FJ40 (4:11 gears) so I am assuming one's a replacement. The round pinion flange has a crush sleeve vs. bearing spacers like the older style? Is that right?

Paul

my 9/85 FJ60 has 'em. I *think* they arrived with the long (H55F length) H42 4-speed sometime in 1984, maybe as late as 4/85. my flanges are 60x60mm square pattern, using 11mm bolts...earlier FJ60's had 60x68.5 rectangular flanges. there are minitrucks that use this flange, but I don't know what year (and would like to!). maybe you've had fine-spline FJ62 4.11 diffs swapped in?

Steve

maybe you've had fine-spline FJ62 4.11 diffs swapped in?

Yea, I think so. Runs good, just not crazy about the crush sleeve in lieu of shims.

Generally, whenever you buy a new aftermarket ring and pinion setup, you will discover that they only come the way yours are: fine spline (which requires selling the customer new, round pinion flanges) and with crush sleeves. Ergo, you prolly just have a replacement gear set.

you learn something every day... *if* you're paying attention.

I just did...

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom