Round or Square??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Expertise or thoughts on a `79 Fj-40 headlight bezel,Mine is square but has been cut and riveted back together.The bib behind it has rounded edges toward the center,but bezel is square?? I know most LC vendors sell the square one for this year,but Toyota brochures shows the round one for `79 ????

'79 is square.

I beleive the change over was Jan 1979, I've seen early 79's made in Nov 1978 that were still basically 78 models but they are still registered as 79's because most model years started in Sept.

I beleive the change over was Jan 1979, I've seen early 79's made in Nov 1978 that were still basically 78 models but they are still registered as 79's because most model years started in Sept.

X2, .... What is your build date?

Round and square bezels are not interchangeable. Maybe a PO or a body shop put on an earlier bib and then realized the square bezel no longer fit so they cut it and riveted it back together?

'78 is the only production year where they produced trucks from 9/78-12/78 all as 1978 model years. They were using up all of the old style tubs.

Expertise or thoughts on a `79 Fj-40 headlight bezel,Mine is square but has been cut and riveted back together.The bib behind it has rounded edges toward the center,but bezel is square?? I know most LC vendors sell the square one for this year,but Toyota brochures shows the round one for `79 ????

...My build date is 4/79.

I agree with "crime scene investigator" SouthBostonFJ:

Round and square bezels are not interchangeable. Maybe a PO or a body shop put on an earlier bib and then realized the square bezel no longer fit so they cut it and riveted it back together?

:beer:

'78 is the only production year where they produced trucks from 9/78-12/78 all as 1978 model years. They were using up all of the old style tubs.

December '78 and I'm round.

My December 78 is square and had the tank under the body tub.

Changeover months are a good guideline but are far from gospel.

4/79 should be square tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom