Round Eyes Headlights, only poly available? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,
I went on the Round Eyes website to order new headlights to go along with my new ARB headlight harness, and I noticed that they only offer a poly carb lens, no glass. Is the poly lens ok? Is glass better? Will the poly lens pitt and chip? And do you like the round eye's headlight upgrade?

Thanks,
Zack

Yes.
Dunno.
Dunno.
Pighead loves his new Roundeyes Headlights.

I ended up getting IPF H4 housings because I was already doing business with Kurt from Cruiser Outfitters on some Aux lights.So I am going to get SilverStar H4 bulbs. But I hear that the polycarbonites are actually MORE durable than glass.

I am using the euro hella H4 housings with 55/100watts

I ordered the “Roundeyes” just the other day and thie already at the house waiting for me to get home to install them.
The site says that the Poly is more durable than the glass and much brighter than the original lights that came on our Cruisers.

Besides thier on sale at $109 for the pair (free shipping too), can't beat that with a bag a nickles. Well maybe you can.

Looking forward to seeing the difference.

can you guys take a pic of the lens face? I'm a huge fan of the H4 upgrade lenses. Even more so of the E code lenses. i've run both the IPF and Cibies - what an improvement. I simply won't drive another 60 without upgraded lights. It's that big of a difference.

Anyway the e code ones seem to have the best light pattern so curious what your beam pattern looks like on a wall (i took one w/ it on garage door) and/or pic of the lens face itself.

GL!

rob

lol - too easy. that's pretty lame of me. sorry.

ok - so how about pics of the beam pattern against a wall? as it looks like they are DOT, i bet the e codes will be a slight improvement in pattern.

but would love to see!

thx boerboel. and btw - have a BB pup? i've been wanting to get blackwell or the guy above him (harris?) for a couple years...need a new fence...

rob

My Mom was a South African and I visit SA ever couple of years when I can. When I'm home for more than a month at a time I'll get my BB. My Sister has a Ridgeback, great dog as well.
Sorry for the chit chat, I'm stopping.

I have hella h4's on 60 and round eyes on the 40 with the same bulb wattage and find the round eyes to be much brighter. both have weathered very well under considerable abuse. i like the round eyes for the money. my 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom