Rough Start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Truck has spit out the bank too rich error a couple of times recently but this morning it was rough starting and idling and I got a list of misfires from 5 of 8 cylinders.
00F10DCC-D962-4A69-9E82-728A4F030108.jpeg

FFB56728-1CE9-405B-900D-6B29BAC426DD.jpeg
I’m not sure if it’s related but I do have the Hewitt kit installed o bypass that code for the SAIV error. I’ve periodically usEd the aerosol MAF cleaner to clear codes related to that since the Hewitt install but this is the first time I can ever recall having actual misfires. Would love some knowledgeablei nput as we are headed out for a long road trip this summer and I have limited time to fix. Thanks in advance

Your misfires are all on driver side and the the furthest cylinder back on the passenger side. I wonder if your timing is off on the driver side and you have a bad coil on the passenger side (cylinder 8).

ok, just seems strange to only happen that one time at startup and then has been fine since then. If it was the timing wouldn't that be a more consistent rough idel, error code situation?

Swap your coils from left bank to right bank and re-try.

@jerryb has some experience with the Hewitt bypass trouble shooting and might be able to tell you if that has any connection to the misfires.

If not that check cam & crank position sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom