Rough start then ok? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.recordme.com
My 80 series runs really bad when I first start it: terrible miss And much smoke from the exhaust .Drove it 10 or 15 minutes and once it’s warmed up it runs as if nothing was wrong. Hoping someone has had the same thing happened and can shorten my troubleshooting.
No fluid loss or white foam TG
Thank you guys

Last edited:
Ordered here’s hopin

Did plugs cap rotor not helping! smokes like mad,reeks like gas!
think there may be some smoke from under maifold on passenger side.....may be cleaner and wd40 burning off though....
O2sensors bad maybe?smh

Post a pic of the old plugs in cylinder order if you can.

The booth is in fair shape a little frayed on either end and I wrapped a whole roll of electrical tape around the undulated section because it broke on me a few years ago but I think it’s holding air reasonably well

Seeing stuck injector threads similar to my symptoms, very rich,rough running, drip by manifold...
will inspect harnesses.any point in rebooting ecu?
how bad to run in this cond?
instant cat killer?
big fire hazard?
Tanks gents,
tanks

Post a pic of the old plugs in cylinder order if you can.

DC637CCC-4388-45CC-AB60-1257DDB687F5.jpeg

23B927DC-04D9-498D-BFAB-5B872D189225.jpeg

24F9B223-5601-435F-A11E-60C94E8F99FD.jpeg

Whichever cylinder is second from left in the pic is the problem cylinder. Check the injector in that cylinder. The otherones are looking like they are running lean, which the computer is leaning it out due to the fuel coming through in the one cylinder with the problem.

And you need new plugs....BAD.

Redid wires cap and plugs this week! ,yessir they’re goners !6 to 1 left right
5 looks like it think: I saw stuff burnin on manifold round there too
If it’s a short and I fix that what else will I need to adress to be GTG usually?

Install a new intake hose if it's in that bad of shape.

Check you fuel injector plugs and the wiring harness by the EGR.

Looking a the pics again.....is that antifreeze on #5 plug?

Will do and again THANKS for your help ,I’ll try and determine if that’s AF on 5 ,how can I tell besides odor?

Will do and again THANKS for your help ,I’ll try and determine if that’s AF on 5 ,how can I tell besides odor?

Odor, color, "lubricity". Rub some between your fingers and feel how slick it is. Oil has one feel and odor, coolant has a different feel and odor.

If it's antifreeze, did it come out of the cylinder? If so, you MAY be looking at HG issues.

Let's hope not, but sounds and looks like antifreeze leaking into #5. When antifreeze leaks into a cylinder, on cold starts it stumbles around and smokes until it burns off the antifreeze in the affected cylinder. Then it will run fine. If it turns out to be antifreeze and you don't have the funds or time to replace the HG now, may I suggest using Blue Devil HG sealer. I used it in a work truck about 5 years ago that was burning antifreeze about a gallon/week. It's still running today. Cost about 55 bucks for the bottle I used. Might be worth it to buy you some time.

Big ol gas smell in exhaust though,that can still be then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom