Rough idle/ low vaccuum on idle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My baby wouldn't idle yesterday, but I played with the idle and got her to stay at about 800-900 rpms. While idling, it stumbles a bit and the vaccuum is at about 10-14, and it used to be and is normally 20, until it's idling that is. I've checked the vaccuum hoses and they all match up. Help?

When cold it bounces around 10-12, once the truck warms up it bounces around 13-14. Ive seen a chart with vaccuum readings and issues before, but I cannot find it anywhere

Ive only used OEM gaskets on this rig (wiuth the exception of exhaust donuts and other very generic guys). Ill use this and go over the vaccum hoses aain tonight. hopefully I can get her runnin strong enough for some weekend wheelin :D Im loving this toyota more and more as i work on it. the idle screw was almost all they way out, not doing a damn thing in there, and STILL the truck ran! amazing!

Well trying to help you a little. You mentioned idle issues is your idle cutoff working? Ground could be floating. Vac issues can be tiresome to hunt down. You could always do the carb cleaner spray trick while the engine is running to see where you get idle up as it sucks the cleaner in through the vac leak. One thing I've learned unless you're totally unlucky it could be cumulative of a bunch a little stuff, but doubtful. Usually sudden vac leaks that effect engine idle or running at all tend to be major in nature and represent large leaks. So I guess think BIG. Intake gasket or crack in intake, carb base, brake booster line or some major vac port is open like PCV. Is you're rig a smogger? Could be the EGR. A couple of small vac hoses are not going to take the engine out, may run s***ty but not stall. My .02

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom