Rough Country lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After i bought my cruiser i had it about a week and it went to the shop. The mechanics had alot of work to do, so they had it for about 6 weeks. When they were done with it, it went to my buddies tire shop for a 4 inch rough country lift and 33s. When they finally got time to put the lift on, the springs were 4 inches too long, turns out roughcountry sent them a lift kit for a scout. So the lift had to be sent back, and waited about a week to get the right one. They started installing the lift and said it would be done today, so i called today sometime afternoon to hear some more bad news. Now this next sentence is a little greek to me, but maybe some of you will understand what im saying. The pins that go through the bushings are too big, im not sure what PINS they are talking about. So they have to get a machine shop to fab them up some new pins, and then have to bore out the bushings. They had called roughcountry and were told that those were the only ones that they made. Im wondering if any of you have run into this? Are the PINS that they are talking about something that is already on the rig, or do they come with the lift? If they are already on the rig, are they not fitting because they are not stock, or is roughcountry a bunch of idiots that are in need of a labotomy.

I feel like im never going to get this 40 back. Its time for camping and me and my pup want to go play!

Last edited:
After i bought my cruiser i had it about a week and it went to the shop. The mechanics had alot of work to do, so they had it for about 6 weeks. When they were done with it, it went to my buddies tire shop for a 4 inch rough country lift and 33s. When they finally got time to put the lift on, the springs were 4 inches too long, turns out roughcountry sent them a lift kit for a scout. So the lift had to be sent back, and waited about a week to get the right one. They started installing the lift and said it would be done today, so i called today sometime afternoon to hear some more bad news. Now this next sentence is a little greek to me, but maybe some of you will understand what im saying. The pins that go through the bushings are too big, im not sure what PINS they are talking about. So they have to get a machine shop to fab them up some new pins, and then have to bore out the bushings. They had called roughcountry and were told that those were the only ones that they made. Im wondering if any of you have run into this? Are the PINS that they are talking about something that is already on the rig, or do they come with the lift? If they are already on the rig, are they not fitting because they are not stock, or is roughcountry a bunch of idiots that are in need of a labotomy.

I feel like im never going to get this 40 back. Its time for camping and me and my pup want to go play!

I'm guessing they meant spring pins - i.e. the bolts the hold the spring to the vehicle. At some point, those pins went from 15mm to 18 mm. It sounds like they got the wrong size bushings for those pins. Why they would go to a machine shop to get new spring pins is beyond me. There are many places/vendors that sell a variety of bushing sizes. If it were me, I would get to the bottom of this before you spend way too much on custom spring pins. Bushings are only about a buck a piece.

Good luck! :cheers:

that blows. so the shop couldnt find any bolts that would work? do they actually work on cars there?

yeah that doesn't really sound like rough country is screwing you over (besides the original screw up with the scout springs) you probably just need a set of new spring pins as mentioned above.. i'd go in and figure out exactly what needs to be machined...

these ones would probably work Shackle Bolts Greasable ... (5/8 ones is what i have with my rough country)

Ill be at the shop tomorrow. Thanks fellas

Turns out they were having new sleeves machined. The sleeves did not fit the pin tight and would have had some rattle. With that they were going to then bore out the bushings, but before this was done they were looking at the lift, and rough country sent the same wrong kit again! Unbelievable, im pretty sure that guy working for rough country is in desperate need of a labotomy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom