Rotw Vette60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HERE she is guys. the VETTE60 rig.

The reason I call her VETTE60 is that it has a fuel injectred corvette motor in it.

Anyway... it all started when the wife and I started popin' out kids. I could no longer fit in the FJ40 that I had done a frame off resto on, so I always wanted to get a 60 and here was my chance. I bought a stock 1984 fj60 with 164 on the clock, in poo brown color, some of you refer to this as rootbeer. being that I have a problem leaving well enough alone, I have significantly modded it since then.

Here's the list of mods so far:

Drive train:
TPI 383 stroker, full roller motor
NV4500 with early 6.34:1 1st gear
Marlin toy box
FJ60 t-case rebuilt
Dual Optima batteries with 200 amp dual current controll module
Powermaster 200 amp alternator
ARB compressor
Summit aluminum radiator with Black Magic electric fan.

suspension/Axles:
SOA cut/turn on 2.5" springs
Bilstien 5100's
4:88 rp
ARB's front and rear
30 spline Cromo Longfield's super set
Long's 4340 hub gears
Marlin's high steer
Home brew wrap bar
1.5" spacers all around
4-runner Calipers, T-100 Master cylender
Fresh fron knuckle rebuild new wheel bearings, trunion bearings
ARP knuckle studs
Rear Full Floater with Polly Performance axle shafts and ARP's

Wheels:
37" goodyear MT/R's on 15x10 street locks

Interior:
custom thumb throttle mounted on the gear shifter
Custom De-Carpet kit!
Accura bucket seats
Uniden CB
Pioneer stereo, 300w amp 2 -10" subs, 2-6x9's, 2-6"s
roof mounted gun rack!
Fire extinguisher

Exterior:
Custom fender trim job
rocker pannels trimmes with sliders welded in
bed liner trim paint
hood louvers
under carriage rock lights

other:
ARB front bumper modified ( I did not like the brush guard, so I cut it off)
Superwinch 9000Lb
Rear homebrew custom bumper with swing out tire carrier and sliders
Homebrew roof rack.
home brew CO2 system
custom rear drawer storage system
Mobi-Arc on board welder

I am sure I have forgotten something but it is a great rig. I live just a few miles from the turnoff for the rubicon, so It gets to have fun there sometimes and there are several great trails in my neck of the woods like Barrett lake, strawberry, pardoes, barney riley, slick rock, deer valley and many others. I also live in the snow, about 1 mile from Iron Mountain road and this thing is awesome for snow fun! I have had so much fun building it and have a lot more to do. Most of the thing I like is doing all of the fab work. :wrench: the good part is that my wife loves it, and supports me because she loves to go on wheeling camping trips, and the kids dig it also.

Future plans include:
on board air
IMG_0397.JPG
barrett.jpg
barrett2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! Shackle reversed up front? Hard to tell from the pics.

How about a pic of the wrap bar?

Jealous! Love your customization of the brush guard (ARB should take note and sell a version like that for a lower cost, they would def sell more).

Thanks guys. no shackle reversal. I had been contemplating, but talked with gary at mudrak and he did not seem to think I needed it. It drives straight and does not wander.

The engine is great. I more than doubled the horsepower over the 2f, and also doubled the mileage.

Nice dude! I just picked up a toybox as well, lets break em in this spring/summer!

Dylan

you got it dylan, I know your not far from me and I have several trips planned for this year.

droooooollllllllllllllll, wow, I love that black and white picture, nice........

Looks great! Shackle reversed up front? Hard to tell from the pics.

How about a pic of the wrap bar?

here's the wrap bar. I used ruff-stuff (gravelmaker) brakets for the axle and shackle.
wrap bar.jpg

looks nice and thats a nice mod list as well.

DO u have any of the truck sitting on level ground not flexed? Im gonna SO my truck on the OME springs under her and im trying to decide on tire size.... looks like 37-38" is gonna be better than 35". also what length shackles are you running? (eye to eye length)

thanks!

looks nice and thats a nice mod list as well.

DO u have any of the truck sitting on level ground not flexed? Im gonna SO my truck on the OME springs under her and im trying to decide on tire size.... looks like 37-38" is gonna be better than 35". also what length shackles are you running? (eye to eye length)

thanks!

I would go with 37's if you are gonna do springs also. 35's are good for the stock springs. the shackles are the anti-inversion shackles and they are about stock length.

I do get a little front fender rub, but i am trimming them up.
rubicon.jpg

Last edited:
springs are on the truck now...

here is a pic of it now (only add some fender damage to the front right)
clean2-12-08001.jpg

the shackles will most likely be 3-4" eye to eye for ride / travel I was thinking 35's would be to small... guess ill start pricing 37's and 38's now and see which way i wanna go....

Thank you for the picture it heps my decision alot as far as tire size is concerned as our trucks will be bout the same height.

and again great looking truck!

HERE she is guys. the VETTE60 rig.

The reason I call her VETTE60 is that it has a fuel injectred corvette motor in it.

Anyway... it all started when the wife and I started popin' out kids. I could no longer fit in the FJ40 that I had done a frame off resto on, so I always wanted to get a 60 and here was my chance. I bought a stock 1984 fj60 with 164 on the clock, in poo brown color, some of you refer to this as rootbeer. being that I have a problem leaving well enough alone, I have significantly modded it since then.

Here's the list of mods so far:

Drive train:
TPI 350 from a 92 vette
NV4500 with early 6.34:1 1st gear
Marlin toy box (just got it!)
FJ62 t-case (larger idler, and bearings on the end of the shaft)
Dual Optima batteries with 200 amp dual current controll module
Powermaster 200 amp alternator
ARB compressor
Summit aluminum radiator with Black Magic electric fan.

suspension/Axles:
SOA cut/turn on 2.5" springs
Bilstien 5100's
4:88 rp
ARB's front and rear
30 spline Cromo Longfield's super set
Long's 4340 hub gears
Marlin's high steer
Home brew wrap bar
1.5" spacers all around
4-runner Calipers, T-100 Master cylender
Fresh fron knuckle rebuild new wheel bearings, trunion bearings
ARP knuckle studs

Wheels:
37" goodyear MT/R's on 15x10 street locks

Interior:
custom thumb throttle munted on the gear shifter
Custom De-Carpet kit!
Uniden CB
Pioneer stereo
roof mounted gun rack!
Fire extinguisher

other:
ARB front bumper modified ( I did not like the brush guard, so I cut it off)
Superwinch 9000Lb
Rear homebrew custom bumper with swing out tire carrier
Homebrew roof rack.
home brew CO2 system

I am sure I have forgotten something but it is a great rig. I live just a few miles from the turnoff for the rubicon, so It gets to have fun there sometimes and there are several great trails in my neck of the woods like Barrett lake, strawberry, pardoes, barney riley, slick rock, deer valley and many others. I also live in the snow, about 1 mile from Iron Mountain road and this thing is awesome for snow fun! I have had so much fun building it and have a lot more to do. Most of the thing I like is doing all of the fab work. :wrench: the good part is that my wife loves it, and supports me because she loves to go on wheeling camping trips, and the kids dig it also.

Future plans include:
a bit more body armor
63" chevy springs in the rear
on board air
rear storage
Maybe...A cummins 4bt conversion...:steer:

so what did you do for the rack clamps on your homegrown roof rack?

could I talk you into some detail shots of said clamps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom