ROTW-uhuru- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What´s up ... sorry for the late post.... here is the rig

1996 HDJ80 with a 1HD-T Fulltime 4WD A442F Tranny

Cloth Seats / Dual A/C / Stock Center Console Freezer / Single Tank

37 x 12.5 MTR's on 15 x 10 GT Wheels 3 3/4" BS / 1 3/4" spacers in rear

Longfields

4.88 Precision Gears

ARB Locked Rear / Open Front / ARB Mini Compressor / CDL switch

Atlas Equipment 12,000 lbs. winch / In-cab winch control / relocated control plug

Lightforce Blitz 240 Auxiliary Lights

Double Cardan Front & Rear Driveshafts

Slee 6" coils & DIY 6" kit

OME shocks

Custom kickpanels / 750 watt power inverter / Midland CB radio

7" monitor / 12 " kicker woofers

homemade tire carrier / homemade roof rack

60" Hi-lift jack

Safari Snorkel

Power Steering Cooler (´98 Ford Explorer ... gotta have something from a junk yard in it)

Dual Batteries (work in progress a la Slee)

4 tire chains

stinky soggy carpeting :whoops:

and hairs all over the place from my three dogs!

Ghetto fab seat covers...

flares off!!! and ABS diconnected

Castrol throughout

Dual Fuel Filtration System

Mods for 2006:

Line-x entire floor

Lock front

Boost controller

Intercooler

Gauges: boost, pyro, A/T temp

Mods for when I win the lotto:

Extreme Tranny Valve Body & Torque converter lock up

Twin Turbos :D

10" coils

Here are the pics:

2004 with flares w/o winch

TLC037.jpg

TLC036.jpg

TLC034.jpg

2005 with winch

tlc008.jpg

tlc004.jpg

tlc001.jpg

tlc005.jpg

tlc006.jpg

tlc008.jpg

tlc023.jpg

interior

tlc010.jpg

tlc014.jpg

CB Radio

tlc015.jpg

Kickpanels

tlc012.jpg

Thanks for checking out the rig .... question, comments, and critiques are welcome...:cheers:

Regards,

Tito

More Pics

Sorry for the picture quality ... it was all I could get....

Power Inverter

tlc016.jpg

ARB Mini

tlc020.jpg

tlc021.jpg

1HD-T

tlc025.jpg

Winch control box and power sterring cooler

tlc022.jpg

Dual battery setup

tlc026.jpg

Tire Carrier

IMG_1679.jpg

Sweet rig, what kind of seat covers are those? Also how do you like your Atlas winch?

Love the air mini, why did you deceide to put it in the rear, how do you power it?I considered doing that when I installed my ARB's but just installed my ARB compressor in the engine bay.

Really digging the CB install location. Nice truck. Get any rain down there? :)

sigh...1HD-T....sigh...

nice rig.

Dammit! I'm jealous...:crybaby:

Very nice rig. One of my coworkers is from Panama-she grew up in Land Cruisers and has me thinking about going there and smuggling out a nice one. Love that diesel!! It sounds like a great country-I'd like to see it....in a Land Cruiser of course.

Biff said:
Sweet rig, what kind of seat covers are those? Also how do you like your Atlas winch?

Love the air mini, why did you deceide to put it in the rear, how do you power it?I considered doing that when I installed my ARB's but just installed my ARB compressor in the engine bay.

the seat covers are HS brand .... Herrero & Sons out of Miami ... cheap too $ 48 bucks for both front and rear but they are universal fit for lowbacks though and they look like they won't last too long ....

I am not so fond of the Atlas .... it has Made in China selenoids and cheap cables ... for a couple of bucks more you can get a Mile Marker with T-max selenoids .... the rest seems to be very similar to the Mile Marker, as if they are both made using the same supplier...

regarding the Mini, my buddy David (nick Tapage) had done the same with his compressor and he suggested it just to kkep it dry and clean .... less things to worry about ... I wired it straight to my marine switch under the hood so it only works after I pop the hood and switch it on for safety purposes .... its pretty loud inside the car ... I guess not so loud but annoying after a while !

LX_TREME said:
<--- like the nekkid look in the back ;) Dang you should tint half in the front windshield too :D

Actually down here there are no laws restricting window tint in the front ... I used to have it all tinted with 5% on the sides and 20% in the front but it got old after a while for night driving ....

I've seen cars with double layers of 5% on the sides and single 5% in the front ... ridicoulus man you can't see inside even if you stick you're face to the glass .... but yeah everybody has tint in the front ... full layer ... even my mom ... gotta beat the heat!

Cruiserdrew said:
Very nice rig. One of my coworkers is from Panama-she grew up in Land Cruisers and has me thinking about going there and smuggling out a nice one. Love that diesel!! It sounds like a great country-I'd like to see it....in a Land Cruiser of course.

They are selling 80's like crazy here ... since 2000 I have noticed a bunch for sale .... and most of the ones here are diesel .... a solid combination of HZ's & 1HD-T's ... if you're looking for one let me know and I'll hook it up!

uhuru
how do you like the midland cb? any specific type of antenna you running w/ it? just picked up the same cb this weekend but have not had a chance to hook it up. i figured it was cheap price and should work for my needs.

great looking truck and setup you have there!!

thanks
steve

Nice looking rig. Looks like you need some sliders. I think Doug has some sitting in his garage

-uhuru- said:
the seat covers are HS brand .... Herrero & Sons out of Miami ... cheap too $ 48 bucks for both front and rear but they are universal fit for lowbacks though and they look like they won't last too long ....

I am not so fond of the Atlas .... it has Made in China selenoids and cheap cables ... for a couple of bucks more you can get a Mile Marker with T-max selenoids .... the rest seems to be very similar to the Mile Marker, as if they are both made using the same supplier...

regarding the Mini, my buddy David (nick Tapage) had done the same with his compressor and he suggested it just to kkep it dry and clean .... less things to worry about ... I wired it straight to my marine switch under the hood so it only works after I pop the hood and switch it on for safety purposes .... its pretty loud inside the car ... I guess not so loud but annoying after a while !

Do you run your lockers off of the ARB mini? If so how did you run your air lines?

WOW, Super Cool Rig Man!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

-uhuru- said:
They are selling 80's like crazy here ... since 2000 I have noticed a bunch for sale .... and most of the ones here are diesel .... a solid combination of HZ's & 1HD-T's ... if you're looking for one let me know and I'll hook it up!

How much would a nice low mileage 1HD-T cost?

deadly wagon mate , LOVELY rims and tyres combo, A good bullbar would finish that front end off nicely though.Well done.

I see you have your rear heater on, I didn't know it got that cold there.:grinpimp:

Nice Rig & thanks for posting.

I heart ROTW.

YngTLCOwner said:
uhuru
how do you like the midland cb? any specific type of antenna you running w/ it? just picked up the same cb this weekend but have not had a chance to hook it up. i figured it was cheap price and should work for my needs.

great looking truck and setup you have there!!

thanks
steve

Steve,

This is my first CB ever so I do not have a good basis for comparison ... so far so good ... I use ot with a Pyramid brand magnetic antena .... I only use it when I go wheelin with the guys from the Panama 4x4 Club and we talk short distances .... so far so good ... I've heard Midlands are make good CB's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom