Builds Moonshine - A Build Thread (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

question answered .. ( not linear, will increase pressure / flow with engine rpm ? )

Correct. Flow will increase with engine RPM. Objective is to maintain consistent feed pressure to the injection pump!

My buddy Brian installed the M&H dynamic timing spacer and noticed a lot more responsiveness with his 6BT. That company is out of Salem, Oregon. Brian said I should add this to my swap.
Bummer about your meniscus tear. I did my ACL and meniscus snowboarding in 2005.

You definitely should. I regret not doing this sooner, especially considering how cheap it is.

Got impatient again, and decided to turn up the full power screw yesterday after work. Didn't make time to check the timing, but that's still on the to-do list.

Don't know how much farther I turned in, because I had to remove the full power screw to fix some thread damage. Turned it in until the RPMs started to hang, then backed it off. Reset idle (what a pita that screw is) and took her for a test drive.

Holy sh!t does it have a lot of power now. 35psi wastegatet real quick, creeps up to 1200* egt now, can go past, but not easily. Will keep an eye on it this summer to see if I need to turn it down. I think I can try a burnout now :hillbilly:

Now that I won't be disappointed by the number, it is time to find a diesel dynamometer around here.

I did, thanks man. Had surgery this past friday. Healing well!

Johnny! Finally hacked back into my account :cool:. Gonna catch up on Moonshine since it's been hard to tell what I missed from instagram. Get well soon dude!
-Matt

Coming home from a weekend trip on the highway, I looked in my rear view window to see it coated in fuel. Thought my IP nose seal had gone and filled my crankcase with fuel, with excess coming out of the road draft tube. Slightly reduced power, but other than that, no issue. Pulled over and the engine started missing really badly. Cut it off, to find fuel pouring out from underneath the truck. *sigh*

Opened the hood, didn't see anything obvious, so I cut it on to see if I could find the leak. Good thing I was wearing sunglasses, lol.

Hitched a ride home (70 miles away from home), came back with my ferd to collect the poor and wounded moonshine. She looks good on the new trailer. While this did kinda suck, it's the first mechanical failure I've had with this engine. Not too shabby, especially considering the swap was done 6 years ago.

New lines from Cummins en route. Should be back up and running in a few days.

Dang, that cleaned the paint right off that bracket!

When you going to build a fancy front bumper with all your fancy tools in your shop?

Would like to have a rear bumper first. Maybe next year I'll get to the front bumper.

Bummer. Good attitude though. Hope it's an easy one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom