1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROTW: Moonshine

Discussion in 'HardCore Corner' started by GLTHFJ60, Sep 30, 2007.

1. cruisedeisel

cruisedeisel Toyota's for life

Wow the frame is bent! The bumper is barely bent. Thats sucks, but it could have been alot worse. Hope you get top dollar for it.

GLTHFJ60 likes this.
  2. GLTHFJ60

GLTHFJ60 Rum Runnin' SILVER Star

I hear you my man. That last parts posting is interesting, they have a late F550 front frame section for sale with the axle. Problem is I don't need another project right now, I just want the truck back to the way it was :crybaby:

3. GLTHFJ60

Finished engine bay shot:

[​IMG]

First time she's been out of the garage in ~4 months. Feels good to drive her again. Despite not running for that long, batteries held the charge just fine and she turned over in less than one engine revolution as always :grinpimp:

[​IMG]

Intercooler install was a resounding success!! Drove for a few hours last night. EGTs are down 2-300* across the board. That is despite the cooler ambient temps, as I'd have EGT issues year round. Accelerating on the highway from 50-80 in 4th gear with the throttle on the floor resulted in 1150* EGT max. Insane. Doing that before would have brought me up to 1500* if I wasn't watching. 5th gear accelerating from 60-80 same thing, couldn't get it to break 1200* EGT. I'm a HAPPY camper!!

Max boost is down from ~40psi max to ~30psi max. Doesn't sound like I'm overspeeding the turbo (in case of a boost leak). It seems like I'm hitting the wastegate. Weird, I'd always be able to push past the wastegated pressure before, I guess because I was running that much hotter. Boost comes up to ~28-30psi pretty quick and just stays there. Guess it's time to get out the wastegate regulator and turn up the boost :bounce: :bounce2: :bounce:

4. fourtrax

fourtrax SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    If you need an extra hand let me know.

GLTHFJ60 likes this.
  5. GLTHFJ60

Thanks brother :cheers:

Just got word that the Ford is NOT TOTALED!! Getting a check for $6300 to cover repairs with the contingency that if it costs more than expected, they will adjust the payout.

Going to have the shop repair the frame, then think about a front end conversion with some of the other $$. If I can swing it, I'd love to put 2007 axles under this beast. 10 lug axles instead of 8 and a wider front end for decreased turning radius :hmm:

Mudder, NC LX and Bripars40 like this.
  6. fourtrax

fourtrax SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Good to hear glad it's not totaled

GLTHFJ60 likes this.