Builds Rotw Fzj80 Fireman (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well Here is my rig... My buddy Seth has been riding my ass about not getting up to the Con. Since he has chewed most of it off I feel its time I got my booty up there..If everything goes as planned I hope to see alot of you up there..
Ok enough about the :crybaby: Here is whats on my rig....

1997 40th anniversary fzj80
Sage with ID number 2266
bought it stock from some rich soccer mom back in 2001 or 2002 with less then 54K miles...
First thing I bought was Goodyear 305/70/16 MT/Rs. Loved the tires..But now with almost 35K miles on them they are noisier then hell..Good thing I replaced the stock stereo with a Sony head unit. It helps when you can crank the tunes louder then the tire hum. I kept the speakers stock for now and they still sound ok..Down the road when they sound like crap I am gonna yank them out..I also got XM radio last year for christmas from my wife..Love it..Thanks Sweet..
Next on the list was an OME J's front and rear.
OME L shocks with the castor bushings in the front arms.
I also did the Slee-offroad DIY pan-hard bar kit.
I got the 1" Mr. Gasket bushings for the front..But have not installed them yet.
Next on the list was a ARB front bumper with winch. No winch installed yet...More to add onto the wish list...
I called Ken hanna and told him I needed some sliders..He hooked me up like a tow truck..Drove down paid him some $$$$ and drove home with new sliders...But, before I left he told me he was building a rear bumper..It would have a tire carrier, hi-lift jack holder..recovery points..and a trick one hand open and close latch..I put down my $200 big ones for a deposit and waited for him to call me..
Ok so last on the list was to take my rack off the top..I don't have pics with the rack off yet..I will post them when I can get away from the firehouse longer then 1 day..Sorry for being so late on the post and pics...Also I only have Poser shots for now..But don't forget I work in Oakland and i can arrange a drive-by in about 5 minutes...Just kidding...
If anyone wants to see anything more in detail hit me up..I can take more pics if ya wanna see it..:cheers:
fzj80 8x10.jpg

another shot.... more pics to come..
fzj80-3.jpg

nice cruiser.....This cruiser is the one that inspired me to buy my hanna rear bumper awhile ago:beer: ............

Nice Cruiser.

How strong are side bits on those rear bars. Will they touch the body work if you lean agaist something with them. We don't see bars like that in OZ

Nice rig.:cool:

Nice write up.:cheers:

Thanks for contributing.:D

Nice truck.

BTW I think that since XM is doing bad, if you tell them that you're switching to Sirius they will change your payment to $3 a month.

Not sure about the rear quarter panel protection bars on Ken's bumper yet..I have not had the chance to test them on any rocks...Maybe someone else can chime in and let us know if they worked..
XM radio for $3 bucks a month..:censor: I paid for 2 years...Wonder If I can get a refund or something else...I doubt it, but worth a try..More pics are coming as soon as I get home from work...

Aussie cruiser said:
Nice Cruiser.

How strong are side bits on those rear bars. Will they touch the body work if you lean agaist something with them. We don't see bars like that in OZ

The side protection will hold the weight of the 80 and then some. I am sure the tubes will old up to years of pounding without bending into the body.

The HQ bumper was tested on the Rubicon, running the trail backwards from Tahoe to Loon. The driver slammed bumper on the rocks as much as possible for testing. The bumper did not move or bend.

Ken

I love that color and the rig! You got any good shops you take it to or you work on it yourself? I'm in the Hayward area and been looking for a shop to do some heavy duty work. When you get a chance I would look to see more pics!!!

:cheers:

Thanks for the input Ken..I was hoping you would chime in with some info..
Shops to get work done on your rig?????
Mudracks will hook you up, if Gary has time to work you in..He is up in Sonoma,CA...here is his web site...Give him a call..I am sure there are alot of other guys out there to work on your rig...I did everything myself with help from buddies..but give Gary a call..
http://mudrak.com

No I did the 305's first...the lift came afterwards...They fit just fine with no rubbing..

it looks like there was some rubbing...all of your hair is gone.

:flipoff2:

Seriously, sweet rig though. Super clean, the opposite of mine!

One thing I noticed...it looks like only the driver's side slider has seen some abuse. Only making left turns on the rocks?

:D

You are right Sethro..I lent one of my good friends my sliders so he could do the Con with some friends...maybe it was a mistake...Now he only seems to call or write me when he needs something..:flipoff2: ...Like the time I took one of my whole days off and replaced his rear end in his 55...Or the time I rebuilt his front end because it wasnt sounding good. well :flipoff2: to my good friend. :D
just kidding you :princess: ...

wow. sounds like you let this "seth" guy walk all over you.
:flipoff2:

sooo..you gonna help me build my drivers side slider, or what?

fj40m4 said:
The side protection will hold the weight of the 80 and then some. I am sure the tubes will old up to years of pounding without bending into the body.

The HQ bumper was tested on the Rubicon, running the trail backwards from Tahoe to Loon. The driver slammed bumper on the rocks as much as possible for testing. The bumper did not move or bend.

Ken

Very good. That's just what i needed to hear.

Those Hannah's are rockin' !

Good looking rig.........:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom