ROTW - concretejungle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My rig has been a great learning experience for me as far as wrenching goes. I’ve had it for about three years. I have tried to do most of the work on it myself. I purchased it with 110,000 miles and it currently has 167,000. It’s a 1995 FZJ80, no factory lockers :confused: , green, 1FZFE. All fluids have been baselined with Mobil1 synthetic, with Amsoil moly grease in the knuckles and driveshaft zirks. 99% of my parts have been purchased through Cdan, thanks again. :grinpimp:

Mechanical Repairs:
• New front rotors/pads
• Front axle overhaul, twice (didn’t replace the inner oil seal the first time, VERY stupid; not so stupid second time around)
• Front pinion seal (mechanic fixed, not me)
• PHH
• Sunroof jumped off track once

Modifications:
• Slee provided me with an OME 2.5 medium lift
• Stainless steel extended brake lines
• Caster plates with new OEM bushings
• Extended front and rear diff breathers
• ARB ¾ roof rack
• Dynamat in the front floorboards and under center console
• Custom george’s design sliders
• Sawzalled front bumper (thanks to a couple of perfect kisses at Uwharrie at each corner)
• Center diff lock button

Future Modifications in order of future purchase:
• Front ARB bull bar with Warn 12,000 or 8274
• Front/rear ARB lockers
• Rear 4x4labs or slee rear bumper
• Snorkle
• Sell my 2inch lift and install Slee’s 6 inch lift
• MAF turbo kit or TRD supercharger with MAF upgrade kit.

I do wheel this rig. It has been a great daily driver and weekend warrior. I hope to soon have another vehicle so I can really start playing with the 80.

Last edited:
Couple of shots showing the castor plate install:
castor 001 (Small).jpg
castor 003 (Small).jpg
castor 006 (Small).jpg

Couple of pics of the sliders. I plan on adding an outter hoop some time soon to the slider.
Picture 025 (Small).jpg
Picture 027 (Small).jpg
Picture 029 (Small).jpg

couple poser shots.
Picture 037 (Small).jpg
Picture 038 (Small).jpg

Junk said:
4x4... sticker :ban:

I almost totally forgot about that damn thing......first and last 4x4mistake.com i made.

Here, i balanced the bad out with good. :grinpimp:
block_drain_plug 005 (Small).jpg

Nice rig. What made you decide to do the Castor plates with only a 2.5" lift?

how do you like having installed the dynamat? do you have a pretty noticable improvement over road/engine noise?

Hey your medium OME lift springs are yellow, did you painted them or do they come from the manufacturer in yellow? I thought springs are painted black. Nice looking rig though.

NIce Truck,
Did you paint the spring yellow, or did they come that way?
HOw about a few pics of the roof rack.

-Sam-

Arn't everybody's OME springs yellow????? :confused:

Romer said:
Nice rig. What made you decide to do the Castor plates with only a 2.5" lift?

Because the CC bushings (and they were installed properly :flipoff2: ) brought my caster to zero degrees according to the dealer's alignment machine. She was wandering all over the road.

I painted the springs yellow to go with the OME theme. I guess i had a little extra time on my hands.

elum said:
how do you like having installed the dynamat? do you have a pretty noticable improvement over road/engine noise?

I have enjoyed the dynamat. Especially over the wheel wells where road noise is at it's most. When i put new speakers in the doors i will also dynamat them as well. I have noticed around the center console that the dynamat seems to keep the heat down a little also. I think there is some cheaper stuff out there that gets the job done at a little less coin.

PKP80 said:
HOw about a few pics of the roof rack.

-Sam-

Ask and ye shall receive.
roof rack 002 (Small).jpg
roof rack 004 (Small).jpg
roof rack 003photoshop.jpg

Last edited:
Cruisin'Carolina said:
Any wind noise from that rack?

Only with the sunroof open. Honestly, the rack basically makes the sunroof non-usable because the wind noise is so loud. That's why during the warm months, if i know i'm not going to be using it any time soon, i'll take it off so i can enjoy the sunroof.

reffug said:
Arn't everybody's OME springs yellow????? :confused:

Mine were plain old black. yellow would be cool though.

I almost forgot, i anti-blinged my front grill using hammer silver spray paint.
anti-bling grill 001 (Small).jpg
anti-bling grill 002 (Small).jpg

What are your castor measurements now after the Slee plates? I had the same situation with my OME bushings (brought castor to .1 and 0). I am thinking about going this route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom