ROTW Clemson55

Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
4,263
Location
Hampton, VA
Just remembered I was rig of the week. :doh: Anyway I'll get to it. I bought my pig on Ebay for $1 at the the end of June 04. Took me a couple weeks to figure out how to get it here after trailoring fell through. Got to working on it about mid July. It had more rust on it the good metal upon inspection but what can you expect for a dollar. While I was at work the first night my roommates gutted it for me so I could get to work on it when I got home after working nightshift. Ever since that morning it has been an ongoing battle.
Body: Since then I have replaced about 2/3 of the floor due to rust, front body mounts which had rusted away, trimmed and patched several areas along the fenders, quarters, and doors with more to go. Chopped the roof to make a truck bed partly because of a cheap roofrack which had caused a lot of rust and partly for the cool look. Cut the shards of rusted metal that was left of the driprail and reattached the roof. And I'm sure a lot of other things I have forgotten.
Engine: Came with all the components for 2 engines but the blocks and heads were all rusted up. So I found an engine locally which I dropped in turned out to be the early F which has turned out to be a pain at times finding parts since then since then. But it runs strong, I took it for a drive the first time around early March 05. 9 months from $1 to driving around. The dizzy gave out that trip and I had to tow it home. Since then I replaced it and shortly thereafter found out the head gasket had blown out between 2 of the cylinders. 2 1/2 weeks later I finally was able to get one which is on now and the cruiser is running again. Just need to get it tuned in good.
Fab Work: I have done a lot of fabbing on this thing to make stuff usable again, and more trail worthy and just more fun for me. Started by replacing the front body mounts. The roof chopping and capping the sides to form a bedrail. Pillar supports tied back to the frame because all the sill was rusted out. Front bumper adaptation, made it narrower and stouter. Started on my rear bumper, put a hitch into it next I'm gonna wrap it around for rear quarter protection. Tire carrier build into the bed. And I'm finished 3 of my 4 "1/2 doors".
Lot of hard work and time and its been a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone whos helped me along the way here on the board and in person. :beer: I'll get pictures up later today.
 

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Moderator
 
Joined
Mar 6, 2005
Messages
20,819
Location
Mauldin, SC
Well I have a few just to tease you with. It's really amazing what richard has done with this vehicle.

On the left
You cannot see it but you know where it is :D

And a Video of the Pig comming down a trail at night. Really cool
Click Here
 
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
4,263
Location
Hampton, VA
The Pig in action. I've got like 300 other pics but I'm out of posting room. If theres something you want to see let me know and we can figure something out.
 
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
133
wow thats the only 55 i've seen with more rust than mine! looks much better now. i too would like to see more shots of the bed/roof chop. please. carl
 
Top Bottom