ROTW ROTW-74fj40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there, I'm 14 years old and have alway been into offroading and what not. Starting about october 2004, My father and I have been looking into Fj40's. We were mostly searching on ebay and a bit locally, after a long search we found the right one for us. This one was on ebay, It was different from every other cruiser seen on ebay. This cruiser was in peices. The PO before had fully dissasembled it, in order for it to get a full restoration. But unfortonatly he was a marine and was being deployed to Arizona :frown: . The PO had also dipped, blasted, and POR 15'D the frame, and rear axle. :D So SOME of the hard part was done. It arrived on March 21 2005 :bounce: . The bad part about the car was that all the panels had been rusted out so we bought a used tub (see pictures) but other than that everything looks pretty good. Ever since then this has been a never ending project. :doh:

Enjoy the pictures :cheers: :popcorn:

ebay picture

This is the new (to us) tub the we got

Another pic of the tub

Last edited:
Looks great Max. That tub looks like the one Ige had for a while last summer. Is that were you got it?

need to do some serious resizing on the pics and text...

uhg, sorry about the picture size. im in canada right now and dont have access to a computer with an image resizer. SORRY!! gimme an extra day or two and maybe i can try to find one...

Romer said:
Looks great Max. That tub looks like the one Ige had for a while last summer. Is that were you got it?
no, some kid up in the hills got mine to replace one he trashed when he rolled.

I got mine at the junk yard where all the pigs were being crushed. you knwo the one im talkin about right? with Yasar the new owner

Nice project! When do you expect to be driving it? how long have you been in assembly mode? A friend of mine is doing something similar, only his has been apart for years and is just now coming together.

not for about a year now, im only 14. but in sept ill be 15 !!! well the first month and ahalf we were cleanin, paintin and welding and what not. so weve been assembiling since about june-ish. but weve made lots of progress. I dont see you rig signed up to be part of the ROTW?? huh? whats up with that??

You guys cleaned up the engine nice. What you might want to consider is buying an 81ish Distributor (See tech page on distributors) so you can have the electronic ignition. It would require changing the side panel for one with a dimple.

or you could run the crane fireball system i had that in my 71 worked nice just read the directions(both pages) first ..... ask me how i know

well we already bought a used jacobs electronic ignition on ebay. it came with a distributor, i think it was for a 74 and up? maybe dont remember

have you mounted your headlamp bezel properly yet?

Do you have any more pictures of the panels being installed? Did you make the panels or buy them?

Great rig.... Keep up the good work!

74fj40 said:
not for about a year now, im only 14. but in sept ill be 15 !!! well the first month and ahalf we were cleanin, paintin and welding and what not. so weve been assembiling since about june-ish. but weve made lots of progress. I dont see you rig signed up to be part of the ROTW?? huh? whats up with that??

well.... :flipoff2: a challenge to participate in the ROTW from a 14 year old... I once lost a crab leg eating contest with a 14 year old...won't travel those trails again :grinpimp:

When is this week over?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom