Rotw. 69 Fj40 2badfjs

Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
5,522
Location
in the garage
we bought this rig about 12 years ago from a guy moving to pakistan for $2300.
bone stock. he had just done a earl schib paint job, and re-upholstered all the seats.
from there,the 235's came off and 31's went on.
then came a set of add-a-leafs.
the rig ran that way for about 6 years.
most recently,
a built 78 2f replaced the worn f motor about 3-4 years ago.
bored .040 over
MAF rv cam
weber 38mm
downey header, 2 1/2 inch custom exhaust
mallory dual piont dist. from MAF.
electric fan
electric fuel pump
front disc axle, with stainless brake lines
2 1/2 inch skyjacker suspension
rancho's all around
33x12.5x15 GY MTR'S
black rockcrawlers
stock 3spd trans and t/c
roll cage sits in my garage waiting to be re-worked

plans in the future:
possably SOA (still not sure)
37's
and some sheet metal repair.

this rig does'nt see the trail to much anymore.
i have my 60 for that!!!
thanx
jim
DSC00331.JPG
DSC00332.JPG
DSC00333.JPG
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
5,522
Location
in the garage
FJBen said:
Nice rig man, whats that fitting into the top of the Valve cover???
when i had the motor at the machine shop, they where matching up the pistons to bore the cyl.
installing the cam bearings and all that...............
well,on a 2f, the top end gets it's oil from one of the cam bearings,pumps up thru the block to one of the rocker towers.
they had installed the cam bearing wrong, no oil to the top end. :eek:
i had ran this motor that way for a couple hundred miles.
rockers started making noise,so i went in to adjust the valves,pull the v/c off and :eek: it was dry and dusty on top of the head :eek: :mad: :frown: :crybaby: NOW WHAT???
i had once read an article a long time ago in a very early issue of toyota trails about re-routing the oil feed from the oil pressure sending unit to the head.
fortunatly i still had my f motor sitting around.
the rocker shaft is a two piece shaft,i used the rocker set up from the f head to my 2f head.
the f set up has a banjo fitting between the two shafts.
what you are seeing is a hole in the top of the v/c,with the banjo fitting pointing up,and a brake line running down to the o/p switch.
there is a junction block at the o/p switch so the brake line taps into it.
a little RTV seals up the hole on the v/c
works great!!!!

thanx for asking ben,was wondering if someone would see that(it's only obvious it there) :cheers:
 

nuclearlemon

not an addict
Moderator
 
 
Joined
Jan 30, 2003
Messages
16,108
Location
meh-ico, colorado
cool...doesn't look like it would take much to make it shine...is that bedliner on the hood? i've been thinking of doing that.
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
5,522
Location
in the garage
nuclearlemon said:
cool...doesn't look like it would take much to make it shine...is that bedliner on the hood? i've been thinking of doing that.
rattle can bedliner, it feels like sand paper.
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
5,522
Location
in the garage
hatfieldcb said:
I've never seen a ground strap bolted to an engine, either. ;)
really?
thats the way it came off my f motor.
should it be grounded to the frame?
maybe thats why my headlights dim at idle. :D
 
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
799
Location
Wellington, NZ
2badfjs said:
when i had the motor at the machine shop, they where matching up the pistons to bore the cyl.
installing the cam bearings and all that...............
well,on a 2f, the top end gets it's oil from one of the cam bearings,pumps up thru the block to one of the rocker towers.
they had installed the cam bearing wrong, no oil to the top end. :eek:
QUOTE]

sure it's not the head gasket backwards?
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
5,522
Location
in the garage
yea, pretty sure its not on backwards.
i think the head to block dowels keep you from doing that.
plus, the holes for the push rods are only on one side.


nice from a distance :doh:
needs the rockers repaired in a bad way.
thanx for the compliment!!
 
Joined
Apr 16, 2004
Messages
383
Location
elizabeth,co
ah ,so you be the guy i saw rolling through parker in the 60 a couple months back.gotta IH8MUD sticker on the back window right?along with other stickers?
i had no time to chase ya otherwise i would've.
nice rigs
shawn
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
5,522
Location
in the garage
Magoo said:
ah ,so you be the guy i saw rolling through parker in the 60 a couple months back.gotta IH8MUD sticker on the back window right?along with other stickers?
i had no time to chase ya otherwise i would've.
nice rigs
shawn
that would be correct sir!!!!
stop me anytime
my wife drives it alot, she wont stop. ;)
thanx!!
 

HawkDriver

 
 
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2002
Messages
3,311
Location
No. Ogden, Utah
Nice lookin rack on the 60. When you gonna post up some pics of it? I like the backup light I bet it's nice and bright :idea: :doh: . How you like the soft top? Is it very loud on the hiway? Nice lookin cruiser. :cheers:
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
5,522
Location
in the garage
HawkDriver said:
Nice lookin rack on the 60. When you gonna post up some pics of it? I like the backup light I bet it's nice and bright :idea: :doh: . How you like the soft top? Is it very loud on the hiway? Nice lookin cruiser. :cheers:
the rack on the 60's just a freebie load warrior/yakima
i'll post picks when someone starts a ROTW for 60's ;)
i never notice the noise from the top
no stereo
i love to listen to the motor run :D

thanx :cheers:
 
Top Bottom