1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotor/Pad Mis-match?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by RavenTai, Mar 21, 2004.

1. RavenTai

RavenTai

I am doing the birf repack this weekend, I noticed that all 4 front brake pads had a slight ridge at the outer edge, turns out the pads hang over just a few thousands the ridge is from the chamfered edge of the rotor

is this normal? Does not look right, I don't think Mr T would do such a thing, PO said she just had the rotors replaced recently, did they use the 91-94 15” wheel rotors? (mine is a 96 LX450 16” wheel) how would I tell? Looking at where the rotor passes through the caliper there is a lot more clearance than I would expect,

2. - S.A. -

- S.A. -

I replaced all of my pads a few months back. When i took off the front ones..they had that same ridge you talked about. The pads were toyota..and the rotors were the correct one.
    I was 'concerned' about it for almost 4 seconds. :D..then i figured 'screw-it' :D..and put the new pads on.

I wouldnt sweat it..to me it looked like the pads just found their 'sweet spot' and settled there.

later.
    joe

3. ParadiseCruiser

ParadiseCruiser

Rav -

The 96-97 Lexus rotors and 93-97 LC rotors are all identical (91-92 used the 15" wheels...). The width of the contact area on yours should measure 54mm. Any other difference would be in the pads, and there are several different variations there that could account for what you are seeing...

Cheers, R -

4. sleeoffroad

sleeoffroad Supporting Vendor

Could be that the the previous owner was a Ih8mudder and installed 100 series pads :)