Rotor cuff surgery sucks

I hurt my shoulder about 16 months ago on the boat in Alaska. I later tore the minicuss in my right knee so I held off on getting the should fixed last time home and did my knee instead.

Just before I came home I slipped on some ice on the boat and wrenched my arm up above my head so I figured that I could not put it off any longer. It would ongo up to about 90 deg before this last fall.

So as this heals my should returns to about 90 % of normal and I have made a claim so I have to get it fixed now. MRI showed a slight tear and not in need of surgery at this point. The company demand that I get it done before I go back to work.

Friday I have the surgery @0900, it was way worse that the MRI showed and my movement of the arm indicated. there is some pain last night but the block they put in the shoulder does not go away until about 10 am this morning.

I had been taking the percadans like they said even if the pain was not to bad 1 every 4 hours.

As teh block went away and I got movement back in my arm it devolped into the worst pain I can recall in my life. It hurt from my ear to my little finger on that side.

The wife call the Doc aand he says OH you can take 3 percs every 3 hours and another 800 mg of advil every 8 hrs.

The pain now is under control now but the last 6 hrs were hell.

They kinda indicated that this would hurt, but I had no Idea how much!!!!!

Myrle

3_puppies

SILVER Star

Merle, good to hear you made it thru. tough typing write now tho, huh. I looked at those 55's I was telling you about, not worth it to me. pretty rotted Paul

Landpimp

Connie had the same surgury(due to a car accident) in Dec, it helped alot but she is still working to get full use back, its gonna take some time because of the nerve damage and muscle issues.......but it was worth it.

cant even see the 2 incisions where they went in.

good luck and take care :)

John

corbs

Two of my brothers had the surgery too and it does take quite a while to get back to normal. I helped pne of them with the physical therapy and it appears to be a slow and painful process. Just don't rush it, my other brother rushed it and he needed further surgery.

Good look and be patient.

Curran

I've been through shoulder surgery twice and can empathize about the pain.
Do not skimp on the physical therapy. It can be as important as the surgy itself in the outcome of your shoulder.

Top Bottom