ROTM March 2019 - Salero Road & Patagonia Ghost Town Loop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That second leg of the run looks pretty cool. Wish i had the time to stay amd hang out.

It was a really cool run! Really nice to start the day off with Salero Road and then be able to take it easy on the loop.

We're thinking about going back to camp next month so there's that! :hmm:

Anyone have pins or coordinates for the all the traveling that went on? More intrested in the second leg since i didn't make that one.

Anyone have pins or coordinates for the all the traveling that went on? More intrested in the second leg since i didn't make that one.

I don't have the coordinates for the first part, but you can get the map of the Patagonia Ghost Town Loop here:

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/64-ghost-town-loop

It's free to sign up and then you can download the GPX and I have a GPX viewer on my iPhone that I paid like $3 for. Definitely worth it!

Awesome.. thanks for that.. i never have been that close to the border, i missed a good opportunity that day..

Yeah no problem! I was looking at mine the whole time we were doing the trail and it is accurate for sure.

And don't worry about that! We can always go back it was definitely a fun run! Like I said we might be going camping there this April... :hmm:

I know the ghost town loop starts at 31.525361,-110.707641, but Ben @cruzer971 would have to tell you where Salero road starts.

@drenmaster recorded the entire trip on my gaia app. If you check the map it’ll be clear where the loop started and you’ll also get to see the other POIs we stopped at along the loop. One caveat is I started recording after we started a ways down on Salero Rd. and accidentally kept it rolling after getting back into Tucson. Let me know if you have questions. Also, Ben @D_Web led the loop so I’m giving him credit where it’s due. :)

@drenmaster recorded the entire trip on my gaia app. If you check the map it’ll be clear where the loop started and you’ll also get to see the other POIs we stopped at along the loop. One caveat is I started recording after we started a ways down on Salero Rd. and accidentally kept it rolling after getting back into Tucson. Let me know if you have questions. Also, Ben @D_Web led the loop so I’m giving him credit where it’s due. :)

Man! That's really slick honestly. I just downloaded the app myself. :)

Man! That's really slick honestly. I just downloaded the app myself. :)
It was my first time using the app on a run and found it fairly easy to use. A user friendly interface counts for a lot in my opinion. Currently I have the free version, but am considering a subscription service for enhanced features.

This app is amazing.. thank you for sharing and recording that trip.

Glad to hear! Hope it serves you well my friend.

Thanks again.. this app worked like a champ.. i have no service half way through the first leg and into Patagonia.. but i was able to follow your trip with no issues..

Did you guys trespass to get to the boarder wall as well? haha..

20190323_143410.jpg

Thanks again.. this app worked like a champ.. i have no service half way through the first leg and into Patagonia.. but i was able to follow your trip with no issues..

Did you guys trespass to get to the boarder wall as well? haha..

View attachment 1935149
Oh wait, was there a sign posted?? Haha.
It was remarkable how smooth most of the dirt roads were out there. The only rough patch was just north of the mine entrance, which I expect will be smoothed out once the mine starts producing product.
There is some beautiful country out there, especially the grass lands leading to Lockiel. The higher elevation area have nice potential for good camping grounds. Maybe one day soon...

Oh wait, was there a sign posted?? Haha.
It was remarkable how smooth most of the dirt roads were out there. The only rough patch was just north of the mine entrance, which I expect will be smoothed out once the mine starts producing product.
There is some beautiful country out there, especially the grass lands leading to Lockiel. The higher elevation area have nice potential for good camping grounds. Maybe one day soon...

I got to the border fence right in front of the school. Yea there was a small sign said no trespassing.. o well. It was definitly a smooth ride. But there was more water out there than last time, the last rain had to be a a lot becuase there was tire tracks all over..

Next club meeting we can rent this place out.. haha
20190323_151225.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom