ROTM ll September (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1982 FJ40

My first vehicle when I was a kid was a light blue 1971 FJ40. I used to wheel with some friends and my dog exploring sand pits, logging roads, and class 6 roads, looking for fun and adventure throughout NH & VT. That truck provided it in spades and I regret selling it in '84 to this day. Since that time I always had my eye out for another one hoping to get back into wheeling. In '92 I was visiting some family in MD and we were driving down the road and passed a Land Rover dealership with a nice line up of Rovers parked out front. Right in the middle of the Rovers was a bone stock tan FJ40 in beautiful shape. We pulled in for a look at the cruiser. All the fun adventures in my old cruiser came rushing back and it was all over...had to have it. The dealerships son owned the 40 and was selling it as he had three Rovers and wanted to sell cruiser. Cool! We settled on a price and I flew down a week later and drove it home.

When I purchased the truck my mechanical/fabrication abilities were very limited. It was through the help of the LCML, MUD, CS, and many people in NCC and YT that provided help and hands in the building of this truck. I am very grateful for their generosity and guidance.

I'll shoot some updated pics with new Q78's and tub tree sliders this week.

4" skyjacker / oem widened wheels / 35"SSR's / steering correction / extended shackles / 8274-50 front winch / Warn 1200 rear winch / dual bat / Mean Green 180amp primary alt / bosch 150amp alt dedicated to MobiArc / desmogged - header / weber 38 (coming off for oem carb) / MobiArc / Ft &Rr ARB's / Extreme Air / oem canvas top / half cab top / custom sliders, rear bumper, skid plates, tire carrier, cage, tub tree sliders / Bulletproof Ft bumper / 411's / H41 / ear plugs
Truck1.jpg
Truck2.jpg
truck3.jpg

Last edited:
My 40 looks up to yours...It want's to mature like yours someday.
Thanks for the inspiration...Sweet!

I like that rear bumper, rock rollers etc. Awesome. Nice looking all around, cool steps.
Ummmmm.

Great truck, 82. I'm looking forward to the pics of the truck on Q's.

The rear winch and rock wheels are nice touches.

dblthumb2.gif

You should be very proud. That is the mostest.:clap:

Looks good 82. Are you running manual or minitruck power steering?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom