ROTM box canyon FSR 62 8/17/19 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It is going to be an early morning ride through the Santa Rita's. Meet at the Fry's in Sahuarita at 7 be on the road by 7:30. The plan is to go down to Continental road in Green Valley then head east to forest service road 62 box canyon. Since it is a forest service road it should be fairly well maintained but it will still be a dirt road. There is a possibility taking trail 231 which is designated as a 4wd, utv/atv, motorcycle trail if we are wanting to do something a bit more technical, but given the nature of that trail and the traffic that will be on it there is no guaranties of the quality of the trail. The run will finish on state route 83 which can lead down to Sonoita or go back up to Tucson. the reason that I am wanting to do it early in the morning is to finish before it gets crazy hot. Coronado National Forest - Box Canyon Road #62 Scenic Drive is a link to the forest service description of the trail. I am going to go out on a limb and say that the run will take about 4 hours, I don't think that it will take that long but you never know.

1565014596876.png

this is trail 231

Thanks for posting up and organizing a ROTM for August, sounds fun! I'd be game except I think I've been committed to attending a wedding that day....

I'd love to go but I can't. I'll be in CA and my Toyota is up in the White Mountains.

Hope everyone has fun though!

It is going to be an early morning ride through the Santa Rita's. Meet at the Fry's in Sahuarita at 7 be on the road by 7:30. The plan is to go down to Continental road in Green Valley then head east to forest service road 62 box canyon. Since it is a forest service road it should be fairly well maintained but it will still be a dirt road. There is a possibility taking trail 231 which is designated as a 4wd, utv/atv, motorcycle trail if we are wanting to do something a bit more technical, but given the nature of that trail and the traffic that will be on it there is no guaranties of the quality of the trail. The run will finish on state route 83 which can lead down to Sonoita or go back up to Tucson. the reason that I am wanting to do it early in the morning is to finish before it gets crazy hot. Coronado National Forest - Box Canyon Road #62 Scenic Drive is a link to the forest service description of the trail. I am going to go out on a limb and say that the run will take about 4 hours, I don't think that it will take that long but you never know.
Do you have the address to the fry’s?

IMG_20190817_093249.jpg
IMG_20190817_083850.jpg
IMG_20190817_083129.jpg

Three of us made the run. Total time on the trail was about 3 hours including some sightseeing. We had the opportunity to do some rough stuff and get a good vehicle work out on trail 231

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom