Rotating the 3rd member in the pumpkin? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Jus Cruzin

Ok. So my memory is completely CARPUT!

Not even a Toyota then! :eek: And I wonder if it was even called "black anything"? :eek:

Still nothing written on those sites (that I could find) about the diff (in my quick sqizz). Perhaps I should log on there and ask? I'll have to think about whether it's worth the trouble.

Or does that diff look perfectly normal to everybody else except me?

:cheers:

Looks normal for a Nissan rear differential......

Oh Ok then Poser. That closes it for me then. (I probably spend too much time looking at old Toyotas.)

But most changes that I see occuring are in the opposite direction from ADVANCEMENT. (Hence my desire to stick with the past.)

This thing stood out because raising the pinion position is a desireable objective for any 4x4.

Next time I see a nissan diff in pieces I must see how they can engineer it like that.

If Nissan are able to raise the pinion higher without compromising strength or longevity (and they do have a good reputation for this nowadays - which I recognise despite being a Toyota fan) then they have definitely secured an advantage over my old 40 series diffs.

:cheers:
(You've saved me the trouble of logging onto that "4 Wheel Drive Action site" too because I didn't wanna do that.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom