Rotating Engine on Stand (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Coolerman

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.globalsoftware-inc.com
Now this may sound a bit weird but seeing as how a Cruiser engine is top heavy when mounted on an engine stand, is there a safe way to rotate it so the oil pan is up? Seems an iffy proposition to rotate a 600 lb engine anyway. I was not able to even budge it.

I thought of hooking the engine hoist back up to take the weight off as I started the rotation.

Thoughts?

I just had a couple of friends help me rotate mine...as if we could have stopped it if it started to fall... Anyway, it was on a 750lbs stand, which is scary enough, but it turned over without any real stability issues.

edit: I did have the head off when I rotated it.

Last edited:
I'll be trying this later today myself, but on a 1000 pound stand. If it falls and #@$%'s up my new motor, you'll hear the curses all the way from frankfort!

As stated, you can use an engine hoist to take weight off the front. Also, it helps to use a longer bar for turning the engine over. A 1' bar just doesn't provide enough leverage.

I just did it on my own, you weenies. No biggie.

just finished turning the motor over. My brother and I supported a little weight, and my girlfriend actually spun the motor. It was much easier than I thought it would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom