1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotate yer cats!

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by tiorio, Feb 4, 2004.

1. tiorio

tiorio

Well, after input from the forum (thanks to all) and much searching through CARB and MVC documentation I decided to forgo the aftermarket and illegal aftermarket catalytic converters. Instead I decided to rotate the cats 90 degrees for better clearance (also had a custom cat-back done at the same time) and all I can say is RIGHT ON!

My wife was pissed becuase she actually thought I had the truck lifted without telling her. I'm not running and sliders or 'boards so the cats were the low point on the center of the truck. Man, what a difference!

Anyway, I'll deal with slider mounting problems when the time comes if there are any, pics to follow when I get 2 free seconds this weekend!

2. crazy canuck

crazy canuck Guest

That's good info..I take it you have no mud flaps or spare underneath the rig..

How's are you liking that 930..apparently Porsche adopted a trail somewhere in the US and lifted a 996 C4 up and was whipping through streams and even some pics showing some rock climbing?? it had 4 lights on the roof, and higher profile tires on it.. ::)

If the cruiser ever quits, you could always throw a lift kit and winch on the 930 :D

3. alia176

alia176

Albums:
    The rotated cats don't introduce any more slider mounting issues imo. The bracket for the sliders sneak through the area where the two cats meet so regardless of the orientation of the cats, you can fab something up. At least I didn't have any issues when I rotated mine and built the sliders. You can even build a skid plate or something under the cat w/o the fear of having to stick too far down.

Ali