Rookie Lift Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am getting ready to tackle my second lift on my 1985 FJ60. It's a 4+ Plus two inch body lift and I have no idea where/how it goes on. I ordered it from Man-a-fre and it came with no instructions. I also was wondering why it came with 12 spacers and bolts. Seems like a weird number for a lift but what do I know. If anyone has any advice/pictures/ personal experience a little help would be greatly appreciated.

A body lift involves removing the OEM bolts that connect the body to the frame, and replacing them with the new(longer) ones. The bolts do the connecting, the spacers provide the lift. There are 6 bolts per side. There is a thread (forget who started it) with full details on his body lift. It's really complete, should help you through the whole process.

HTH...

Do a search here. Peepers did a real nice write up complete with pictures. Let us know how you go.

let us know about the quality of tha kit as well. I havent heard of anyone using anything other than a roger brown BL

Do one side at a time. First loosen all the bolts one side and pull off the lower nuts. After all the bolts are loose for all mounts on that side get a jack and slowly jack up the body on that side. I jacked it up with a 2x4 under the body right below the two doors. Do it slowly .. Then pull out all the old hardware and you might have to go higher to get the new stuff in. Two inch is the biggest I would go but watch your brake lines down by the firewall. It should all be fine. Also you will have to remove the raditor shroud and cut it cause the fan will hit it and might not be able to turn or it will after you try and start it and break some of the blades.

I would call MAF and talk to Steve O to make sure you have the right order in stacking the hardware before you put it in since you didn't get instructions.

Goodluck.. Let us know how it turns out and take some pictures if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom