Rooftop Tent Souce - SOCAL ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.adventureduo.com
GOLFING w/80's Owners - Was Roof Top Tent

Anyone know a place that sells em? I saw a hummer place in Torrance sells OVERLAND brand... anyone else? I might be in the market for one, but don't want to pay for shipping...

thanks

Dave Druck

Last edited:
Dave,

Did you already get that :grinpimp: 'n INTI rack? I hope so cause; i wanna see it up close and personal.

Smit

How'd you know? Dang news travels fast around here!

Actually No, not till the end of the month... hopefully by next week. I guess it's 'still-in-use'. Ill have to post up pics when i get it.

I was thinking about the tent.... $1500..... so i could get a ARB bullbar and my OME lift for the same price? hmm... what would i rather have? What would you do?

try to email silvercruiser. He has a good friend that owns a 4x4 store in LA- same place he rented the expedition trailer at SurfnTurf last year. They may have the tent you want.

SOCALFJ said:
How'd you know? Dang news travels fast around here!

Actually No, not till the end of the month... hopefully by next week. I guess it's 'still-in-use'. Ill have to post up pics when i get it.

I was thinking about the tent.... $1500..... so i could get a ARB bullbar and my OME lift for the same price? hmm... what would i rather have? What would you do?

Lift, ARB, Wench get you to the places where the tent is useful. Got to get there first.:bounce:

it were me, which it isn't, I would get ARB Deluxe, Sliders, and Slee t-case Skid 1st.....oh wait that IS what I did!!:)
I might actually have the roof rack and winch before the lift.....I won't have a lift for a while:frown: .....unless my wife grows a foot in height!!

Smit

smittycrusher said:
Dave,

Did you already get that :grinpimp: 'n INTI rack? I hope so cause; i wanna see it up close and personal.

Smit

Picked up mine at Mudrak last Friday! :flipoff2: You are welcome to a viewing any time - just bring chikin when you come. No drooling allowed tho. hehehe:D

Brentbba said:
Picked up mine at Mudrak last Friday! :flipoff2: You are welcome to a viewing any time - just bring chikin when you come. No drooling allowed tho. hehehe:D

if the chikin makes your mouth water then the rack can make mine!!

Please post some pics when you get a chance...maybe even give sputnik a cameo;) .

Smit

Good pics of the rack and drawer are going to have to wait.

I cracked a radiator on the way home from Norcal Sunday afternoon. Truck is at Frontier Toyota in Valencia getting a new radiator installed Tuesday when the parts arrive.

Brent,

How did your truck end up in my neck of the woods - rhetorical indeed.

If you want me to test drive it around some forest roads near here Im more than willing. :D

And then I gotta feel if OME heavies is what I want. Hehehe.

On a serious note - can you send me a copy of the instructions for the install of the ARB BB blinker lights and winch. Ive search the 80s tech and it looks very simple to do but it wouldnt hurt to look at it for reference.

The instructions for the bumpr install you PMed me helped a bunch.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cracked radiator - will be back up in your neck of the woods this afternoon or tomorrow morning to pick the truck up. Is Frontier any good? Little late to be asking as the radiator/hoses/thermostat are being installed today.

PM me a fax number and I'll just fax you the complete ARB instruction sheet

Brent,

Ive had good experiences with them (only went there 2x though for minor stuff).
Just like every dealer they mention alot of stuff that needs replacing ( of course - its a 10 years old truck :rolleyes: ) but one thing is that they never pressured me into something.

Pretty much they do is within the ballpark of dealership doings. Id go there for major stuff if I had to. $72/hr I recall.

Ill hold off on getting a fax copy of the instrs. from you - Im going to buy a fax machine soon.

When are you coming by to pick up your rig?
I might be able to steal some time to come by and see your rig and see those heavies.

If not... Welcome to my neck of the woods.

Alan,

Probably come pick it up Wednesday morning. I'm hopping a ride with our COO who lives up there and is headed that way for 18 meetings at the Valencia CC anyway.

Would love to say hi if it's convenient.

i am due for 18 meetings!

smittycrusher said:
i am due for 18 meetings!

I'm not included in the 18 meetings at the Valencia CC. Wish I was! I'm due too! Haven't played since the 12th and that was a stinker!

Brentbba said:
I'm not included in the 18 meetings at the Valencia CC. Wish I was! I'm due too! Haven't played since the 12th and that was a stinker!

Cmon Brent you gotta work harder - youre hanging out with the wrong Chief Of ...
Unless youre the CFO :D

VCC oooh aaah - youre not going to see me there anytime soon. Maybe at Vista Valencia driving range pretending to know golf. ;p

Ill see if I can stop by after 0800 (dropping off my kids to school) and hang out + see if they carry Toyota Red at the Parts D hehehe and google at the new Toys.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom