Roof Top Tent (RTT) Sheets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dissent

Questioning my life choices...
Threads
What kind of success are people having with using fitted sheets on their roof top tent mattresses? It looks like a 55x96 mattress will accommodate a Full XL sheet set. The extra length of the tent mattress should accommodate the deep pockets. The Tepui sheets are way too expensive.

I just use a decent quality inexpensive fitted sheet from Target or any home store. Full size fits most hard shell tops well, surely it won't be as form fitting as one made for the odd RTT mattress size but they tuck under ok. It works well in the Maggiolina at least. Throw a sleeping bag or such over the top and you'll never notice. I keep a clean one available in the house and just rotate them out every few trips.

Also, i did add a thin mattress pad cover and then did the fitted sheet over the top but I found the thin pad added just a bit too much height and wouldn't allow the top to close properly so that idea was scrapped.

The hard shell tents seem to be pretty close to standard beds but the soft shells are really long. I tried the length of my son's Twin XL and the length looks pretty good. Just don't want to buy sheets before I get some feedback.

Just some feedback on my original post. The deep pocket Full XL I bought don't fit. Even barely hooking it over the 2" mattress, I'm still over a foot shy of reaching the bottom.

I did buy the Tepui sheet set and they are perfect. Fit is spot on and tapered for the hinge area. I didn't know this but they are actually Rayon based on bamboo fibers. They are very comfortable and they have that Rayon weight and snap to them. We camped in a windy and cold area (40F) and they were great with a sleeping bag as a top quilt.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to add to my mattress padding as my hip was hurting the entire time. I do want to retain the sheets so I'm looking at options underneath including air-mattresses or just a 2nd full OEM mattress getting a full 4" height. Still need a solution there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom