Roof Top Tent RTT Group Buy Opportunity 10% -15% discount. Order Deadline: 7 February (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.capitallandcruiserclub.org
Last weekend I went and checked out a RTT from a local seller Torro Offroad. He is importing ikamper Skycamp style RTTs from China. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of materials, construction and fit and finish of the tent. It is high quality and, IMHO, a solid deal. I am a cheap bastard and it's saying something if I am going to drop $3K on a piece of gear.

He has done his research and hooked up with a good manufacturer.
Like I said, he is a local guy in the Alexandria/Arlington area (I checked out the tent in a park near @Tikicruiser 's place). He is getting established and has sold and delivered several tents.

I had been torturing myself over the possibility of buying an ikamper RTT, but the price of the tent and then the additional cost of the annex and awning was keeping my from pulling the trigger. I started looking around for similar style tents and found this one. The fact that I could put my hands on it, open it up and sit/lay in it was just what I needed to do to help me make the decision.
I am ordering one this month, and in talking with him, I thought there might be an opportunity to get a break on the pricing, so I offered to setup a group buy to help him fill his shipping container and us to get a price break. I will be putting this out to the larger 'mud and expo-portal community as well but wanted to give the club 1st dibs and gauge the response before going site wide.

The Tent:
He has 2 sizes of RTT, one that fits 2-3 and one that fits 4. The package includes 2 hanging shoe/gear bags, quilted winter insulation liner, awning with poles AND the annex with poles, all of which you would have to order separately if you bought an ikamper Skycamp; plus, purchasing all those additional items would make the total cost $5400. We can save between $2300 and $2500.

Tent Specs:

SkyLux Bantam (2-3 person) Specs:
Open: 4'10" x 6'11"
Closed: 4'10 x 4ft
Weight: 121 lbs

SkyLux (4 person) Specs:
Open: 6'3" x 7'3"
Closed: 6'3" x 4'7"
Weight: 150 lbs

The Deal:
10% to 15% discount, depending on how many are ordered with the discount code "IH8MUD"
The package includes 2 hanging shoe/gear bags, quilted winter insulation, the awning with poles AND the annex with poles, for $3400 (full size tent) or $2997 (Bantam size tent) (minus the 10%-15% group discount if we can get 5 or more peeps to order).
If we get 5-14 buyers (or close), the discount is 10% and if we get 15+ buyers, the discount is 15%;.

The Math:
Skylux full size:
10% discount = $3060
15% discount = $2890

Skylux Bantam
10% discount = $2697
15% discount = $2548

If we get 5 people to order tents BEFORE 31 JANUARY, we all get 10% off; 10 or more and we save 15%. Plus it is free shipping to your door.

The 'mud member discount code is "IH8MUD". He will automatically activate the discount code once the sales hit the appropriate gates.

Also, if you want to see and touch the tent before committing, he is happy to meet us and show it off, so we can check it out in person. I can schedule a meetup with him pretty easily.
I'm sure we can get him to meet us about anywhere in the area just about any evening if we can get 5 or more people to commit to a date and time. Otherwise I can set something up for next weekend too.

The owner's name is Corey and he wanted me to post his tech number to answer any questions.
1-888-585-1245

Post up if you are interested and if you want to check out the tent.

Pics:
IMG_20200112_131902.jpg
IMG_20200112_125341.jpg
IMG_20200112_122014.jpg
IMG_20200112_130918.jpg
IMG_20200112_125346.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job, Stump!

I won’t be participating, but sounds like a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom