roof rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AndersN

SILVER Star
Threads
its time to get rid of the yakima roof rack and get a real roof rack. I have been searching the internet for a while now looking for an INTI roof rack and have had no luck. I know they are made in venezuela but i cannot find a website to purchase one. If anyone has any information i would greatly appreciate it. I know a couple of guys out there own these so if you could chime in that would be awsome. Take car and keep cruisin.

Anders Newman

if you sell the yakima I am very interested. It could help cover the cost of the next one. PM me

I have a modified INTI, a 3/4 length. Brought it back from Venezuela dissassembled, as baggage. Until recently they've been made of "unobtanium" in the US, there's maybe a dozen of them, all imported privately at great hassle.

I heard a while back that Alvaro Rodriguez of the NorCal Wagons was bringing in a whole container of them to sell, you might want to contact him (I think he posts as AlvaroB?) and find out what the scoop is.

Best racks out there IMHO, although the fit and finish could be a little better.
rackdetail8 (small).jpg

get an arb trades man from Man-a-fre.
big bucks, but its got a mesh floor, and will handle 4 x 8 sheets of product.\best 700 buck i ever spent.
hammer

I always thought that the Hanibal sp? was a great rack.

Whenever I get one I want to ge a full or 3/4 length. none of this little basket stuff.

Never heard of the INTI until the other day. Looks nice though. Exiled: What has been modified on yours? Light mounts?

And what are the things on the side??

Last edited:
contact bill! http://www.ba-outfitters.com/
he made me my full length rack with a mesh floor and it is bulletproof. my 200lb fat ass can walk around on it arranging boxes and the like. if you give him a design i bet he can make it.

what was the price on it?

89s rule said:

Whenever I get one I want to ge a full or 3/4 length. none of this little basket stuff.

Never heard of the INTI until the other day. Looks nice though. Exiled: What has been modified on yours? Light mounts?

I believe the things on the sides of the rack are sand ladders. You lay them down on soft ground to be able to drive over. Watch the Dakar rally sometime, you'll see them put to use.

Hodag

cabron said:
what was the price on it?

i forget exatly... $400 ish or under? not sure. shoot him an email. he is super nice...

89s rule said:

The original light mounts were spaced out evenly across the light guard, but I like the two-plus-two configuration better. I also added an antenna mount on top, the mounts for the sand ladders, some cargo rings so I can lock up the jerry cans, a spare tire mount (which I never use), and mounts for a custom cargo box. I also powdercoated the steel superstructure and the external frame, plus the rack mounts. Oh, and I replaced all of the hardware with SS.

Aluminum frame, steel superstructure and clamps. Dunno the exact weight, but to give you an idea, I put it on my sprung-over 60 by myself, it's very light, strong, but designed to yield before you rip out a rain gutter and bugger up the truck.

A few years back I was coming back from a trip and hit the corner of my apartment building's carport with one of the jerry cans, HARD and diagonally. The rack did exactly what it was designed to do, it tweaked and did mess the rain gutters. I took it off, bent the clamps back on a vise, and it was back to its original shape.

If it had been one of those overkill steel ones with everything welded that some people are fond of, the rack would have bent the rain gutter or worse, ripped it off. That would be cheap and easy to fix.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom