Roof rack removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone!

I just recently acquired a 2005 Land Cruiser and as I was about to drive it into my apartment's garage I realized that the roof rack was getting in the way. I had expected it to fit because the stated height size of my garage was 76 inches and the height of the Land Cruiser was 74 inches. Perhaps, the Land Cruiser's measurements did not include the rack. But now I have to make it fit because finding parking in NYC is a PITA. Especially when you've paid for the parking space in the garage of your building.

Fortunately, I could get the vehicle in with the factory rack removed. It was a pain to remove the covers and I busted a few of the tabs because it was brittle already and the cold temps probably did not help. After removing it, I've began searching for ways to cover up the holes that were used to hold the rack down. I did find a bunch of videos, but they were for different model years of Land Cruisers. I also tried to search for similar names on a toyota parts online catalogue but I didn't find anything similar. I also searched on this forum but I did not find any solutions.

I was wondering if any of you know what are the parts needed? Or have a DIY/crude solution? Otherwise, I am planning to visit a hardward store to find some screws in the right size and some silicon to seal up the holes.

Thanks everyone!

There are filler strips (also entire mouldings) that will allow you to cover the spots where the feet of the roof rack once existed.

Just go to Partsouq and put in your VIN number then look up the correct ones.

Example:

filler strips.jpg

This thread may help:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom