Votes: 15 31.3%
  • ditch said rack

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • keep it but with round lights

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kling-on

Kool Arrow
Threads
Website
www.texas4x4.org
stuff_001.sized.jpg

pics_001.sized.jpg

had to remove my roof rack cause its going to have some work done on it and it needs to fit in the shop ..... but after I took it off I thought to myself ... self that looks cleaner ... so I ask the Mud poll keep it ditch it or put in back on with round lamps

Last edited:
Looks cleaner without. My opinion is install only as needed. Won't save you a ton, but no rack = better mileage too. Even naked Yakima bars on my van will cut my MPG by about 2.
:cheers:
Butt

I agree with B.U.C It looks cleener without. I am going to remove mine and probably sell it when i repair my gutters this spring. I have a trailer when i need to carry more crap so the rack is only hurting my mileage now.

Dave

i like clean lines typically too, but with the side protectors it fits pretty well. If you like it keep it - you can always put it on before heading out right? Otherwise i'd save a bit of gas and run it w/o 99% of the time.

Great looking truck either way!

rob

Your rig looks terrible with that roof rack. You should send it to me after you get the work done on it! :D

nice I knew I would get a send it to me reply ... if it stays off its for sale ... the Hella are for sale either way

Looks cleaner without. My opinion is install only as needed. Won't save you a ton, but no rack = better mileage too. Even naked Yakima bars on my van will cut my MPG by about 2.
:cheers:
Butt

thats kinda what I was thinkin too

I agree with B.U.C It looks cleener without. I am going to remove mine and probably sell it when i repair my gutters this spring. I have a trailer when i need to carry more crap so the rack is only hurting my mileage now.

Dave

Keep. You need a exp. rig to balance out your romper stomper. Looks gewd.

Mmmm no exo her hard core wheelin days are over ... but with the Truggy on a trailer be hinder Mmmmm now thats sexy

i like clean lines typically too, but with the side protectors it fits pretty well. If you like it keep it - you can always put it on before heading out right? Otherwise i'd save a bit of gas and run it w/o 99% of the time.

Great looking truck either way!

rob

I like it great both ways as well but I guess after 9 yrs with a rack I need a different look :meh:

thanks guys keep the coments comin

I voted no rack, but you should keep it for that special occasion when you want to haul a bunch of crap on your roof.

My opinion is that your truck looks tough with it. I also think it looks nice and clean without it. I am having similar thoughts about my own truck lately.

I say keep it and use it when you need it.

I vote keep it...looks better with it and you'll be more inclined to use it if it's already up there. I'm interested in the lights if you are selling them...interested enough to paypal you money today.

I don't have one because she won't fit in my shop where she sleeps @ night with a rack. However, if i ever find one I like at the right price, I'd buy it to put on & use when desired.

Do you need it? I guess I've seen some Heeps and an Xterra around town with Hi-Lifts mounted on roof racks. Also, I probably counted 8 driving lights on the Xterra.

I know, it looks cool, but what's the benefit of having a Hi-Lift mounted on a rack when your driving around town. I can understand if you're wheeling....

I guess what I'm getting at is it looks better without IMO. I've got a set of Thule bars that stay on - to carry surfboards year round.

I guess what I'm getting at is leave it on if you need it - take it off if you don't. Just like the guys with Hi-Lifts on their mall rigs - what's the point?

Anyways, you can always sell it to me....

- jake

Nice truck Eh !!!!

I say ditch it and take a look at the caulk on the rain gutters...
Get a small trailer instead...:grinpimp::grinpimp:

I have one a full size that came with the truck when I bought it..but once it came off it never went back up... its sitting on the back yard and might go for sale one day....

Truck looks much cleaner without it.. and that front bumper looks badass...!!

What kind of rack is that? I've got one myself, but don't know who makes it.

What kind of rack is that? I've got one myself, but don't know who makes it.

more like who Made it Con-Ferr went out under a few years ago... thier mounts carry on with Defender rack

Look good with and w/o. Its a tough one.

I got her out on the highway ..I had forgotten just how much noise the rack made ... man it was SO quiet :hillbilly: I think she's stayin off ... :steer:

I like it on better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom