Roof Rack install before/after pics and comments (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ordered, received and now installed my PRINSU roof rack. Order was Feb 25, delivery was Mar 6. Box came in great shape via ups.

I few notes:
* Very pleased with build quality of rack, everything lined up great, tight on truck...no issues
* I used silicone, be careful...it's sticky and that stuff seems to get everywhere. I was generous in and around existing bolt holes during install, per mfg install video.
* Removing existing rack was VERY straight forward. No rust on bolts, some came out easier than others
* Using new bolts with rack rails...that didn't go so smooth. It went well, but I had to be patient
* Total job was about 2.5 hours. Having a second person was DEFINITELY a help, my 12 year old helped old the side rails while I got those fussy bolts started.

* Overall, I am VERY pleased with the quality of fit/finish and utility of rack. Looks pretty cool too. I expect some additional wind noise...we'll see.

Next projects are removal of rear mud guards and install of WKOR sliders.

LC Roof Rack OEM 1.jpg

LC Roof Rack delete 2.jpg

LC Roof Rack box 3.jpg

LC Roof Rack PRINSU 4.jpg

If you didn't use loctite, I highly recommend going back through the side bolts and putting in some purple or blue. My prinsu had 3 bolts that worked loose after just a couple of weeks

Looks great! Currently debating between the Prinsu and Victory 4x4 myself.

I've heard they are very similar. Having said that, I went with Prinsu and would do it again.

Looks great! Currently debating between the Prinsu and Victory 4x4 myself.

Look at the profile view of the victory 4x4, looks like it's a bit short and look a little odd. I prefer the Prinsu

V100RK-F_5.jpg

Prinsu fills out the top better i think, it's the right length

49391051291_b659c1c26a_h.jpg

Last edited:
I took this picture yesterday, the Victory might be a little shorter...tough to tell. I can take a side picture if you'd like.

LC CJ Ranch.jpg

do you all need a third party roof rack for rooftop tent or just use the oem roofrack?

I just use the rack...can put things up on top. I have no plans for a tent.

do you all need a third party roof rack for rooftop tent or just use the oem roofrack?
A roof top tent is a little heavy for the stock setup but you could add 2 more OEM cross bars and probably be fine.

Thank Mike, yes i did bought 2 more, and installed them. the RTT i have only comes with 2 mounts on each side, so will need to order 4 more mount brackets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom