Roof rack gutter mounts cheap, anyone tried? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi, Personally I would use something aluminum with a rubber coating . Mike

I need steel to weld/bolt to. I was thinking of plastidipping the areas that come into contact with the gutter.

I used these when I built my DIY rack.
JCR Offroad Roof Rack Mounts - 6 Piece Set - Bare Steel - 84-01 Jeep Cherokee XJ | eBay
If I was to do it again I would probably order a set from Marks offroad or Rain Gutter Towers — Gamiviti. Something that is easily adjustable for the land cruiser.
The ones I got from from ebay had to be tweaked quite a bit to work right. I think that the rain gutters from land cruiser to jeep are maybe different enough to need adjusting. FWIW the time spent making things work was greater than the savings... and kinda dont look as good in my opinion.

Heres a picture of the towers with silicone tubing cut to fit as a buffer between metal pieces.

IMG_9981.JPG

I think yours look really good actually. Those gamiviti look really nice too tho. Price dif of about $200 by the time you buy 6.

I used some old bicycle inner tube, trimmed to fit under my gutter mounts. Not glamorous by any means, but available and sturdy.

Another vote for Jason's stuff (@TRAIL TAILOR ) Adjustable Gutter Mounts 40 55 60 70 80 Series
Note: everything is showing out of stock right now as he takes some time off after the new year. You may want to call or shoot him an email to see if he has any in stock or had another run planned.

I used the trail tailor mounts. Painted them black and plasti-dipped the contact points.

IMG_3471.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom