roof rack gas carriers

lx450landcruiser

ok question
i see several companies that make gas can carriers for roof racks. they usualy hold like 2 or 3 cans and have a strap that holds them in. However i dont see what the point is? i mean how many people can pick up 10 or 15 gallons of gas and carry it down to the ground level? Why wouldnt you just strap in you gas cans to the rack? it seems to be if i needed the gas i would take down the gas cans one by one so whats the deal?

thanks
mike

NorCalDoug

problems solved daily...

Technically, you're on your 7th #6. :flipoff2:

Mike,
The point of the carriers for the roof racks is to allow the cans to be carried "safely" on the roof -- to keep them from moving around. Without the carrier, the cans have a tendency to wander around if you're driving on rough roads. A person would unlatch the "strap" on the carrier and remove 1 can at a time -- not the entire 2 or 3 can load.

Have another brew and chill my friend. :D

Landpimp

GOLD Star

I use a siphon(sp) hose and transfer it to the main tank from the roof, one of those bulb pumps for an outboard motor works well.

Those carriers also allow the cans to get locked into place, which in some areas you might be camping in (like some parts of Baja) is very important.

Top Bottom