Roof rack for 200 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Folks,
I need your help. Have a 2013 LC which serves as my daily driver.
Looking for advice regarding roof racks - what are you guys using?
I'm interested in having a cutout for my sunroof and plan to haul all sorts of stuff except an RTT.
Prefer ground camping with my large family.
Thanks for your input.

I've had the Eezi Awn K9 for the past year. Love it. Light, strong, and lots of room for lots of stuff. Mines a 2.2m so can't use sunroof to it's full potential but that doesn't bother us. I'd rather have room in the cabin for comfort and the gear mounted on top.

I just installed the Prinsu rack. As far as the sunroof goes, you can just move the two crossbars that normally cover that area and bolt them further back. Very nice design. Please refer to the Prinsu rack INSTALLED thread for pics and other folks' feedback.

Front runner slim line 2 is the rack Ibe been running for the past couple of years. It's strong, light weight, lots of accessories and hasn't faded in color at all nor corroded. The deck slats are movable and that allows you to keep your sunroof unobstructed if you want. check it out
Good luck

Roof rack discussions come up almost as often as tire/wheel or slider discussions. You might want to check out this thread.

Roof Rack Recommendation

I appreciate all the suggestions - several great options, but going with the Front Runner Slim II.
Unfortunately, I was rear ended a couple days ago.. Fortunately, I am fine but my LC's rear bumper, tailgate, and exhaust are not.
Was thinking about the possibility of having everything repaired back to stock, but considering putting on a after-market rear bumper.
Looking at the ARB Modular - any suggestions?

IMG_1018.JPG

Damn. Glad you and family are ok!

I appreciate all the suggestions - several great options, but going with the Front Runner Slim II.
Unfortunately, I was rear ended a couple days ago.. Fortunately, I am fine but my LC's rear bumper, tailgate, and exhaust are not.
Was thinking about the possibility of having everything repaired back to stock, but considering putting on a after-market rear bumper.

Many of the aftermarket steel bumpers require trimming and reusing pieces of the bumper cover. You may want to verify those pieces are still in working order. Check out some of the install threads to get an idea.

View attachment 1456356

Wait for the Slee rear bumper with swingouts. It will be one of if not the best products on the market. CBI makes a good one also.

OK, guess it is time to get some more info out there. Pricing is probably first. The bumper is listed at retail for $3750 and we are offering a $300 introduction discount for the first 10 sold.

We have a batch of 10 coming on, but quite a few of them are already allocated to builds we are doing in-house. For obvious reasons, we are trying to do as many local builds first before we ship the bumper for DIY installs.

What do you get?

-Bumper with tire carrier and ladder.
-Hi-Lift mount.
-Rigid Ignite backup lights
-Additional marker / indicator / brake lights
-Grommets for park sensor installation
-Mounting hardware for 4 Gallon can on tire carrier
-Gas struts on both swing outs for open/close assist and hold-open feature
-Custom designed latch for one-handed latch/pin operation and ergonomic leverage angle
-Dozens of attachment points/holes to allow user customization.
-License Plate relocation/lighting

and obviously all new installation hardware.

Camera Relocate

We are looking at what we can do on this. The issue is obviously with the vehicles with the 360 degree views / lines for backup that require the camera to be in a specific location. Right now the camera view is between the tire carrier and ladder. Without the optional Rotopax mount or Jerry can holder it is not bad. Not ideal, but livable.

As for the LX, we will do a build post on that later. In short, stock AHC with tires that rub :)

View attachment 1462695'

Here is a shot of the bumper with the optional jerry can basket installed.

View attachment 1462696
Rotopax 4 Gallon mounted on the tire mount. We are also developing a Maxtrax mounting bracket that will be optional. The space can accommodate two Maxtrax

View attachment 1462697

Both carriers open. The questions" re: what is the doo-hickie on the can carrier, yes that was for a flag.

View attachment 1462699

Twinkies! Closer truck was a pre-prodution bumper with a different ladder. This also shows that on @Tremek truck the tire was installed in the highest location. For those worried about visibility it could be lowered. Also shows that the tire mount portion can be removed and a 2nd jerry can basket can be run in that location.

View attachment 1462711

Dead on rear shot showing lights and clearance. All marker / indicator and brake lights are duplicated in the LED lights in the bumper.

Looks like they've released it.

SLEE 200 Bumper Photos...! *UPDATE!*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom