Roof Rack Aux Light Wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wanted to mount some aux lights (tail light / stop / reverse ) on my roof rack rear. I don't really want to run a cable up the back side and from searching it sounds like those trigger wires need to be tapped from the kick panel fuse box. I'll run those three through the firewall to relays and a harness up the windshield.

So, just double checking: there's no source to tap reverse or brakes in the engine bay or did I miss it?

Did you ever resolve this? I imagine the trailer wiring harness would have some of the connections you are looking for!

I ended up going up the back. I used a Curt 56196 2-3 wire adapter on the trailer harness and tapped the reverse lights off the harness in the tailgate. Ran the wires up each side of the lift gate and straight up to a pair of Rigid Chase lights. They poke up a couple of inches from the tailgate and I used a few Mag Daddys to keep the runs snug. Normally I'm pretty intense about hidden cables and management, but within a couple of days I'd forgotten they were even there.

More pictures of the lights in action.

20230629_141937.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom