Roof mounted light bar installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm outside working on this tonight. Anyone have any thoughts on wiring up to the roof? The A-pilar channel molding around the windshield leading down into the engine bay was my first thought, but it's pretty tight and may require me to dremel out some notches. I'm trying to avoid penetrating the roof.

Anyone else done this install?

It's these tabs which get in the way. Front Runner uses a pretty hefty cable...

20171206_204729.jpg

20171206_204844.jpg

Hard to see at night, but this was my solution. Above the windshield I routed a hole through the side of the molding, then folded the wire into the exterior of the channel above the windshield and up to the rack. Then I used black silicone and clamps to secure the wire, cresting a bevel over the wire. After a few "coats" of silicone, you won't even know a wire is there! But I do hope I don't ever have to replace a windshield!

20171206_212737.jpg

Hard to see at night, but this was my solution. Above the windshield I routed a hole through the side of the molding, then folded the wire into the exterior of the channel above the windshield and up to the rack. Then I used black silicone and clamps to secure the wire, cresting a bevel over the wire. After a few "coats" of silicone, you won't even know a wire is there! But I do hope I don't ever have to replace a windshield!
Do you happen to remember what kind of "silicone" you used? Just some normal, outdoor silicone like you can find at Lowes? Somethine like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom