Roof leak…from where? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had a leak in my roof from rain for quite some time, and it seems to be getting worse. It occurs from the junction of the front pillar and the roof on the driver side. It ends up, dripping on the window controls, which is a real problem. It is especially bad if you park the vehicle with the driver side as the low point on a slope. If you park it the opposite way with the driver side being higher it may not occur. Of course I have checked the sunroof drains and they are working properly. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

the only other (intended) holes are the roof rack mounting points. I had a leak in the same/similar location after replacing my OE rack with an aftermarket. The installer could've done a better job, e.g., better application of silicone, ensuring the bolts were tight enough, etc. After I, I mean the installer addressed that, the leak was gone.

I had the same problem a while back and it was driving me insane. It ended up being the sun roof drains. It was the same issue you had, where it would drip from the A pillar to the window controls.

I added a degreaser to both drains, on the front portion of the sun roof, let it sit for a while then took electrical wire about 18 awg or a metal clothing hanger, be careful with the hanger it will rip the drain apart dull it with a file and put some electrical tape at the tip. I ran the wire down both drains a few times then flushed both sides slowly to full force with a garden hose.

The amount of crap that came out was surprising. Never had the issue again.

Same issue, I did this with an electrical wire. Curious about where the drain comes out under the vehicle .... Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom