Roof and floor insulation questions FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Now that my 60 is running well I am getting ready to do a headliner and carpet install. Have a few questions- what is the best insulating/sound deadening material to apply to the underside of the roof? I want to get this done before attempting to do the headliner. Ease of attaching any material will be a major factor in what I chose to buy and install.
And what is the best material to lay on the floor under the new carpet I have already purchased and am going to install?
Looking forward to some good answer/suggestions. Thanks in advance!!!!!

Now that my 60 is running well I am getting ready to do a headliner and carpet install. Have a few questions- what is the best insulating/sound deadening material to apply to the underside of the roof? I want to get this done before attempting to do the headliner. Ease of attaching any material will be a major factor in what I chose to buy and install.
And what is the best material to lay on the floor under the new carpet I have already purchased and am going to install?
Looking forward to some good answer/suggestions. Thanks in advance!!!!!
Went with the Amazon basics “dynamat” clone. Decent price and made a big difference. Can’t tell if it’s better/worse than the name brand stuff but used a box under the new carpet kit. Would guess slightly less for roof.

I put foiled back and jute when I did my carpet install. Go to the DNP thread. I think my contribution is on page 16.

I always wondered how well dynamat and similar foil covered sound deadening materials would do on a roof with the potential for high heat. I would think there’s a good chance it could come loose and make a mess.
Edit: a word

Last edited:
I aleyas wondered how well dynamat and similar foil covered sound deadening materials would do on a roof with the potential for high heat. I would think there’s a good chance it could come loose and make a mess.
I wouldnt....i have had a piece come loose in my door....I can only imagine if a piece came loose and fell into your headliner. That would be a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom