Rollover death on C-Gap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stepmurr

Lookin' fer the end of that old white line
SILVER Star
Threads
The March 4, 2009 San Manuel Miner had this in the Pinal County Sherrif's Report:

Feb 28 A fatal accident occurred at Charlou (sic) Gap. A pickup truck rolled. Pinal County Search and Rescue and Arizona Department of Public Safety Ranger Helicopter responded to the call which was for an injured person originally, but was later amended to a fatality call.
My wife asked me if this was where I went with those 'Cruiser folks . . .

I have not found out any other details.

Thanks for not letting ME rollover up there!

Steve
(red Taco)

WOW! any more info on that Steve? That sucks. Hope it wasn't anyone one we know.

Hi Alvin,

I logged on to youse guy's site to find out more. I googled various spellings of Charleau, the Pinal COunty Sheriff's and DPS websites, and did not find any further details.

Steve

Wow, very sad, I really hate to hear about these terrible tragedy's.

My wife asked me if this was where I went with those 'Cruiser folks . . .

Tell her more people have died in rollover accidents on Phoenix city streets than offroad. It just depends on how you drive.

-Spike

A wreck of any kind generally sucks. A crash fatality is worse. Some people have less of a grasp of motive physics than others. My truck already has transmission fluid stains on the headliner. It has spent some time in the inverted position. It lacked wheels on the roof. I repaired most of the body panels.
It looks really good for a rolled-over wreck! It is a good-looking truck, and the envy of the Prescott crowd. People stop to take pictures of it. The tourists love it when I park downtown!
Next week, I will drive it to the coast for the second time. We are going back to Sea World and Dizzyland! We may wheel a bit on the way. It will be a great fun drive!
It is great to recover a good truck from a bad wreck. But if you can't survive the crash, you can't fix the truck! Wear the belts, and take all other possible safety precautions. Trucks can be fixed or replaced, you cannot!

Last edited:
A friend of mine who works for the Golder Ranch Fire Dept said this guy's family got out of the truck and watched as it went over. The father was partially ejected and pinned. Because of the way he was pinned they were hesitant to move the truck and he died several hours later..
Bummer for the family..:frown:

When I got my learners' permit, Dad took me to tour salvage yards. This was back a ways, I am older now than he was then. He showed me parts of scalps stuck in windshields, and etc.
Dad was from a generation that never wore seat belts, yet he gave me a real sense of auto mortality.
In the few years after that, I built fast desert buggies, and crashed several of them several times. (as in once a month) I knew about belts in ways that Dad never knew. I had belt bruises to show for it. Belting in is the best thing you can do, no matter how slow you go!
I learned to strap on my vehicle and wear it like a good pair of jeans. Feel it as a part of yourself. I grew up in 4-point harnesses, and I miss them.
A 4-point goes over each hip and each shoulder. It fastens in the center just below the belt buckle. It fits just tight enough to pin you in the seat. Your arms and legs can move, but your torso cannot. You "wear" the seat like tight jeans. You are one with the car. It's called racing.
I was the last of my brothers to move from fast buggies to slow 4x4's. The 4-point seat belt was the main reason. I am still not that comfortable with the 3-point belt, even years later.

Last edited:
Thanks for telling us about this thread Jake.

Our prayers are with the family.

No matter what you do, or how you do it, a fatality is hard on the family. Accidents happen. However you want to soften the blow, or try to make it make sense, the kids never feel the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom