Rolling, extendable welding table build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wanted to make two welding/work tables that are mobile, adjustable, and can be extended.
They turned out great.

IMG_8790.JPG

IMG_8822.JPG

IMG_8851.JPG

IMG_8854.JPG

IMG_8857.JPG

The sleeves/sliding system allows for easy attachment of vices, arbor presses, bench grinders, tool holders, and anything else that can be mounted to a receiver hitch.

IMG_8863.JPG

IMG_8868.JPG

IMG_8878.JPG

IMG_8890.JPG

IMG_8895.JPG

Those are cool; really nice work.

Very cool. What thickness is that top plate?

I think you're going to get tired of pumping all those jacks to change heights move the tables. You could have done one per side? Or do you plan on lifting 32,000# with each table?

Last edited:
Wow. Those are beefy. Makes me feel inadequate with my little lightweight 1/2" plate table... nice work.

I originally tried single jacks, but with only one pressure point, the extension system wouldn't stay straight in the tracks and would bind. The dual jack system has a few advantages:
-Higher weight capacity (as if I'd exceed that anyway)
-Simpler track system
-Leveling ability: This is the BIG one. I can fork lift these tables out onto our concrete yard and level them really precisely because I have a jack on each corner. With a single one, they just raise or lower the whole side at a time.

Totally agreed that the system is a bit overkill though.

Valid points - if just for the leveling ability. Hadn't thought of that aspect.

Steel must be way cheaper where you are. That much steel here in 1/2” would be over $1K
Wouldn't even contemplate 3/4”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom