For Sale Rolling chassis, 2H + H55F (5-speed) + 3" lift springs + parts in Gainesville, FL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is Sheila/Tofudebeest's powertrain, and an FJ62's frame, axles, and a pile of assorted 60-series parts. The entire body is gone. I have doors and electronics, and whatnot, just ask...

Of note, the 5-speed has maybe 15,000 miles on it, and operates flawlessly. Best upgrade I ever did. Of course, I have the pedal bucket and tach, and driveshafts (which are in place). I have a full transfercase rebuild kit from Kurt, but never used it.

The naturally-aspirated 6-cylinder 2H (from an Aussie spec HJ60. Assembly date: 9/81) is strong, and runs well. It has approximately 225,000 miles (not kilometers) on it. The glow plug relay was replaced with a Ford unit just before I rolled the truck, and I deleted the EDIC. Otherwise it is stock. I have not run a compression check on it in a while but as of July of 2009, (@~340,000KM, ~211,000 miles), the Compression #s were: 1) 380, 2) 375, 3) 400, 4) 390, 5) 365, 6) 390. Normal leaks, not too bad at all. With proper glow, it starts right up with virtually no smoke of any color. To be done right, I'd replace a few gaskets, and if the compression check shows the differential much greater than the 35 PSI spread above, perhaps a rebuild (full kits are in the $1,000 range), or some new rings.

If I were going to use this motor again, I'd re-wire the harness to make it cleaner and to simplify it (to get rid of all the extra 3FE provisions). This harness is from an '88 FJ62 with the 2H provisions spliced in. This was consistently getting in the 22-24 mpg range in a FJ62 body with the 5-speed, 31's, 4.10 gears and lift springs, and while not the most powerful motor you've ever licked, it was reliable and should remain so with good care for a long, long time. Should be a great turbo candidate.

The FJ62 frame is in fantastic straight shape, no rust.

The axles are all original, hub to hub (except Marlin inner axle seals up front) with the front redone about two years ago, with perhaps 15,000 miles on them since. I did use 555 tie rod ends when I replaced the front end. OME shocks in back, Pro Comp/Dick Cepek's in the front, with an OME steering stabilizer. There are also some American Racing Outlaw II knock-off alloy rims, which have little resale value, but are nice enough to sport on pretty much any set-up, they will come with the axles. The tires are done.

The lift springs are unmarked, but have been identified as Terrain Tamers (Aussie brand, OME competitor) also sold briefly by Man-a-Fre as "HABU" and are BEEFY (heavy/heavy) and between 2 1/2 and 3" lifts. It gave my trucks a slight "stinkbug" stance with the ass about an inch higher than the front, the way the Aussies often like to set their trucks up. I always liked this set up and definitely prefer it to the stock 62 springs on my new FJ62 that's got just 110,000 on the clock, but I'm keeping this one BONE stock. No cracks or known defects.

Ideally, I'd like to sell the whole thing together, but will split these up, for the right prices. Not interested in trades; cash is king.

The whole package: $4,500

Motor alone (plus harness, fuel tank, etc.): $2,500
Tranny and manual transfercase (plus pedal bucket, driveshafts, etc.) alone: $1,750
Springs alone: $500
Frame: $500
Axles (both): $500

Combo packages can be arranged...

Thanks for your interest, Brian

2nd in line for the tranny/TC. Will this bolt up to an F 4 spd bell or is it diesel specific?

Please keep us posted.

Cheers!

Sorry fellas, I was not able to log in until tonight. The "whole rig" consists of a rolling chassis with the powertrain complete. No body. Radiator and core support is intact, harness intact, necessary parts for a conversion project are all intact, including the gas tank and fill neck.

I cleaned up the frame a bit and got the road grime 99% off, and it is 'almost' as good as my description. It is 100% solid, (not 99.9%, but 100%) but there are minor surface rust areas, and by "minor" I do mean MINOR; it is "surface rust", and quite limited in extent. The inside of the unboxed section of the frame in the rearmost section is totally intact, no rust in there.

I can post photos tomorrow.

2nd in line for the tranny/TC. Will this bolt up to an F 4 spd bell or is it diesel specific?

Please keep us posted.

Cheers!

Not to be a dick, but this listing is not a substitute for using the search function and reading the dozens and dozens of threads in tech. Just trying to sell my junk here, not educate...

Now that that's said, I used the 3FE bellhousing, and it required the much-documented minor grinding job to accommodate the slightly different face plate of the tranny (as compared to the H41/H42).

P1010103-2.jpg

P1010104-1.jpg

P1010105-2.jpg

P1010106.jpg

P1010107.jpg

P1010116-3.jpg

P1010115-2.jpg

P1010112.jpg

P1010113.jpg

P1010111.jpg

P1010110.jpg

P1010109.jpg

P1010108.jpg

P1010117-3.jpg

P1010118-3.jpg

P1010119-3.jpg

P1010120-1.jpg

P1010121-2.jpg

Looks pretty damn good for a 30 year-old motor and a 23 year old frame...

is that the diesel air cleaner assembly or the 3fe one adapted? I am in need of a diesel one.

let me know price plus shipping to 97132

thanks

clint

Please, for the sake of my marriage, tell me there's not a diesel title that comes with it. :hmm:
No, there isn't, but one would not need it (at least not in Florida; no idea about Cali). They're just parts.
Another PM sent
And rec'd.
is that the diesel air cleaner assembly or the 3fe one adapted? I am in need of a diesel one.
Native to the 2H, with the little debris catcher box below.
let me know price plus shipping to 97132

thanks

clint
Sorry Clint, she's SOLD.
Is the whole rig still available? PM sent
It was. ;)

No, there isn't, but one would not need it (at least not in Florida; no idea about Cali). They're just parts.

My point was that if I could get a title, I could put a clean CA body on it and register it. Parts wouldn't get me anywhere. Congrats on the sale.

Given that the VIN is attached to the body, I am not sure how one might use a title to a bodyless rig, throw on a new body (with VIN plate attached), and have a legal vehicle. Maybe I'm missing something...

Do you still have the complete rear axle?

73, James - KF4AQO Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom