Rolled, now won't start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know of a quick fix? All fluids are OK, getting spark but something won't let the fuel system run properly. Fuel pump tests out OK but won't send anything to the motor. Reset switch somewhere?

hmmmm,

EFI or Carb?

EFI, I'd say, can they lose their prime? And if so, easy enough to reprime them. Crack the cold start injector and jump (don't have it in front of me, and you could damage if wrong)

I know FP and the other ?? is....?

I think EFI can loose the fuel in the lines.

Glad you're ok, got pics?

Last edited:
It's EFI and we got fuel to it by jumping the fuel pump. That got it to start but it won't put out enough fuel to keep it running, it's an 85 pickup.
Pictures are kinda crappy it was getting dark. It's Wartoy's truck.
We are leaving for Moab Thursday, so got to get it running quick. Driver is fine, just hurt his pride a little.
DSC00868 (Small).JPG
DSC00865 (Small).JPG

when the flap door is open, on the air flow meter, it switches on the fuel pump.

if it ran while jumping the pump like you did, and not now, maybe the afm too a hard hit. make sure it opens and closes smooth.

Thanks for the help guys, Jason and Ken got it running last night. Apparently during the roll a relay on the drivers side kick panel got broken or kicked out, anyway it was missing so when they replaced it it starts and runs fine.( just missing a windshield and has a few extra dents.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom