Rolled my 80, now what? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Holy moly, Not sure on the part of keep/part/etc. Looks like plenty left to be used on the rolled 80. BUT most importantly you and your fam are safe. My wife is carrying now, and have a some sense of comfort rolling around in our 80. :)

As another 80 series roll victim, I am happy that nothing serious happened to you and your family.

I would keep what you can from that rig, part out the rest and find a new 80 series to build.

Good luck.
-o-

ouch! glad to hear everyone came out unscathed...you came outta that one one lucky sob. now deal with your insurance, buy it back, strip it of all the goodies, and start all over.

Glad to hear everyone is okay...here's a thought.. buy it back from your insurance co. and i have a good body shell that I'll make you a hell of a deal on.

I know:idea: sell me the rear axel, and the front e-locker, amoung the other parts listes in my sig.

But on a more serious note, glad you are both ok, rig looks pretty ok for a 50mph roll (makes me feel somewhat better about not having a cage, I still want one someday [after college]) If I were you I would buy it back and part it out, or chop top cage, truggy it.

But If you decide to part it, really please pm me.

Darn, just noticed you are in Mini-soda land. Too far to ship an axel.

actually the road was just fine maybe alittle dusting of snow until I came around a corner there was a break in the tree line right on the shore of lake superior.lakewind affect + a -20 windchill = nasty ice patch. Still, I know I should have been doing 30 or less. I guess after driving landcruisers for over twenty years through some hairy situations I've gotten a little cocky. Big lesson learned, respect mother nature.

I didn't mean to sound harsh, just didn't make sense, now it does. I used to travel a road to college and during the winter there was an underpass that was shaded from the sun where ice would stay for days. It took me several good slides before I finally figured out to slow down when approaching it on cold wet days.

Glad you are all ok, it is a nice looking 80, it looks like it could easily be pushed back into good enough shape for a trail rig without cutting it up. Go to Harbor Freight and buy a Porta Power and have fun, I repaired a Vanagon years ago in about the same condition, about 2 good weekends of pushing it around and 4 gallons of bondo and it was presentable!

Rusty

Glad everyone is okay. Here is my vote - Keep the underpinnings and do this:
1401256.jpg

You could do what I did and continue it with an A pillar with acrylic for very little.

2 cents spent for a trail rig option!

Glad you guys are ok. Good luck in your decision in whethere you're going to get the rig back or not. If you however decide to part it out, let me know. I'd be interested in some parts. I am from Minnesota as well.

Post up some pics (yours aren't working) and let's compare notes.

I too, have a rolled 80 looking for options.

May do the 40/80 swap...but that'll take at least a year of my life - but it would be bad ass in the end.

Glad your family was okay...any other sub-par SUV would have come out 10x worse than the Cruiser....they're built to last and endure crazy stuff!

Best regards,

Jeff

This looks familiar.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom