Rollcage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, its been a while seince ive posted, does anyone know where I can get a full roll cage, or even one that "bolts" on to the factory one to cover the front. I need one like that, and has to be decently priced. i tried metal tech but there isnt anything on there site ??? soo anyhelp is appreciated.

if not ill just have to make my own. :D

yeahyo,

i mos def recommend takin a look at the metaltechcage stuff. (don't have any myself)

mark's a cool guy, and real nice.

malphrus

i havent searched every corner of the internet or anything, but the stuff at metaltech is the cheapest costing fullcage i have seen...and i think it looks the best as well as performs its job the way it should. i got huge feet and having the front pilar wrap around the dash like that makes a huge difference in my getting in and out of my ride.
unfortunatly my ride doenst have a metal tech cage (it was in there when i bought it), but it wraps around just like theirs and its great.

I have to concur with everyone else. Metaltech cage has the best stuff for the best prices. And no, I dont work for them! I have access to a bender and am fairly good at fabrication, but I would waste more money on screwed-up tubing, than just buying theirs. They have fantastic compound bends that fit around everything perfectly. The other nice thing is that they send it in pieces which helps keep the prices down. I guess they assume that everyone usually at least has a buddy that can weld for them. Im sure there are other makers out there that make terrriffic products, but my money will go to Metaltech (hell, hes even gonna start making FJ55 stuff!!). Hodag :beer:

I was contemplating going with a metaltech cage or one from the Cruiser Company in Little Rock (local). I was told all of those pretty bends weaken the structural integrity of the cage. Any thoughts on that?

I am not a fan of those set ups...Yes they make it easy to enter and exit, and yes they sure look trick, but I have a hard time believing that a piece of tubing, that has a couple bends in it, is going to be a strong as a strait piece...but what do I know...I am sure that there are people out here that will tell us all about this, and how wrong I am..

Hay fellas, Mark with Metal-tech;

It often gets over looked but we do offer the old school straight pillar U style front kits as well. As far as I know they are the lowest priced front kits out there. http://www.metaltechcage.com/stndcage.htm
and the discounted shipping applies to them as well!

I also have two new styles front kits on the way! Once they are ready to go I will post up some photos and kick one of them down to Ih8mud for a give away.

As usual if anyone ever has any questions please feel free to hit my mark@metaltechcage.com address.

Mark

Thanks for chiming in Mark. I look forward to seeing your new products!

sup mark,

been a while since you've posted here or pirate. stuff goin well?

have a good one,
jonathan

http://essentiallyoffroad.com/
in Smyrna, TN. they make a weld-on kit for a front cage, adds to stock bar, for $299 as I recall. I have one, and it's an excellent fit, clears everything, and required no modifications.
Their custom cages are cool and pretty reasonable, as well.

Dave in Nashville

[quote author=72cruiser link=board=1;threadid=12257;start=msg113110#msg113110 date=1078162655]
sup mark,

been a while since you've posted here or pirate. stuff goin well?

have a good one,
jonathan
[/quote]

Hay Jonathan

I have been monster busy with orders and trying to squeeze in proto-typing new grip. I have been beating my head against the welding table trying to modify my fender fixtures so I can start offering the tube fenders built again. I duno, buggers just take so much time to build them right! Just not much time to hit the boards, that’s all part of the deal. :beer:

Hercdriver, you bet one is running around right now in the rig on my site that rolls in the movie section. The other is still sitting in AutoCAD :D

70LCruiser: For your original question, I don’t know of a bolt in front kit that is available for Cruisers myself. For the $$ over the weld in options, even the J**P bolt in kits are not super cheep. I would look around in your area for a welder that can put a front cage in for you. If you went with a kit from anyone, the most expensive part of paying an installer is the fit up. Fitting the tube up is a matter of grinding away* the tube on the ends to make the cage fit where you what it to. If you pre-fit everything on your own with a hand grinder, all you end up paying for is the welding and not much of it.

*Notching made easy! I will post this up under a new thread so to not high jack this further!

Mark

I don't think bends in the front of cages like the metaltech one are that big of a deal. Maybe if your doing 100+mph road courses and roll but not rockcrawling....unless you decided to roll of a cliff.

Joseph

awesome mark,

glad to hear business is treatin ya good.

i'm this close to buyin one of them tube fender kits. but i'm also this close to buyin a bender still. you know the deal. ha ha.

good luck, and keep up the good work,

malphrus

I just got mine from faultline fab. faultlinefab.com Straight forward 6 point family cage. Got it on e-bay so I don't know what his normal price is. Don't know how it fits yet cause I haven't installed it yet. But looks good in the garage on the floor :(

Does anyone have pictures of a truck that is using this style of cage system with the multiple bends in the front downbars, that has gone over HARD?

i have no pics but used to drive wrecker up here, seen some wheelings rigs fly off a trailer, after the tractor hit a moose and lost steering, they flew sideways and hit some big trees on the side of the road, both were profile style cages both were toast but where the occupants sat it would have done its job if anyone was in there, these flew off at 45 50 mph and impact in a accident is seven times harder in force. i just purchased a cage from mark and did a ton of looking as i will have my 2 boys and my wife in there, mark was very helpfull and awnsered all my questions. dont forget just cause its expensive dont mean its good go by fit and finish, wall thickness etc. i had a old school striaght bar in my heep when it rolled sideways i was ok but tweaked cage bad (you should technicly replace a bar once youve rolled even "softly") wasnt made of very thick mat. hope that helps :beer:

5 "overages" last year, tho none were multiple rolls, a couple were HARD. The one at BHCC with C driving was a very hard one, it bent down the V-bar over her head about 1" or so (1.5" x .085 DOM). As much as I put my rig over, I have no fears regarding the bent A hoop.

However, if necessary, I may be able to arrange a multiple roll for testing purposes during my trip to Attica later this month.... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom