Rollbar in 71 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Skreddy

SILVER Star
Threads
My 71 came with an aftermarket rollbar, from searching its likely a Smittybilt Sandbar or similar. To use it, it spaces the jumpseats out from where they should be. Basically, I don’t think I want to put it back in since I’m going for pretty much stock. Is there added value to having it? If I don’t put it back in, I’m going to weld up the holes where it mounted and that’s the point I’m at. Oh, but I’ll definitely save the Kraco’s....
2B7EFCE5-1035-4A44-AC9F-9C6EC251D786.jpeg
5AD8C5D7-DBB5-4A39-AF6F-06FBF2F61946.jpeg

Only reason to keep it is for rollover protection, only from a slow roll at dirt trail speeds. Will not protect you from pavement speed flops.

. Is there added value to having it?

Whats a life going for these days? I dont think a 71 USA Spec came with a roll bar. There are options if you don't like that one. Imo, they're required. The later stk ones are not much, but they are better than nothing.

My '70 had no rollbar. I considered the Smittybuilt one but ended up buying a TR-S bar from Downey Toyota. Took out the jump seats.

This is all kind of what I figured. I am keeping jumpseats. I don’t plan on any off-roading with this 40 when I’m done, maybe gravel forest service roads at most so I’m not as concerned with rollover protection. Truth be told, I’ll probably sell it when I’m done working on it so I can build a non-stock one that better suits my desires.

What do they say, most accidents happen within 5 miles of home? How valuable are your passengers?

if you are going to sell it anyway, just put it together and send it on its way :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom