Roll over question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.cascadeclimbs.com
Can anyone point me to a thread or two about what to check before trying to start my '77 FJ40 after a roll over? It sat on its side for about 2 hours before being righted and I don't want to screw it up.

The oil level is fine and it all looks like it should start but.....

Thanks for sharing,
Pwelco

Can anyone point me to a thread or two about what to check before trying to start my '77 FJ40 after a roll over? It sat on its side for about 2 hours before being righted and I don't want to screw it up.

The oil level is fine and it all looks like it should start but.....

Thanks for sharing,
Pwelco

Had a similar experience last year. If you didn't lose oil or coolant you should be fine. Just start her up and go.

Mine was running when it rolled over... and still running after... :D

If your axle seals are weak, your rear brakes could have 90wt on them - look for that, but if you don't see any oil leaking from various places, fire it up!

You Guys Rock!!

Thanks, it fired right up after a little crankin!!

If it was me, I would pull the plugs and turn it over first just in case there is any oil in the cylinders. Oil won't compress, so its better to be safe than sorry.

Good point on the oil in the piston. I did think that I had more valve noise at idle than usual afterwards. How does one get the oil out if there is any? Just cylce it for a while?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom