Roll Call: 40's in the SF Bay Area (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In the first six years of marriage my wife and I lived as far north as Eureka Ca. and south as Palm Springs and although we visited the San Fran area never lived there.

An FJ40 is a great vehicle to drive in San Francisco.

We used to go there to exhibit our wares at shows and usually got lost.

One memorable time was when we decided to just see the sights so I threw the map in the back of the Toy and we spent the day driving around.

We didn't know where we were most of the time but would come up on a spot that we had heard of then proceed to get lost again.
Lombard was a disappointment as it was one way and I have been on crookeder and steeper roads but all in all it is a very interesting city.

The funny thing is in spite of all the interesting places we saw what sticks in my mind most is close to the last thing in our trip.

We had found what we was pretty sure was Fisherman's wharf.
There was all sorts of stuff going on, from an actual shell game on the corner to some dude standing on a box making a speech.

As we was making our way back to our Land Cruiser we passed a skinny guy around 40 years old in what looked like old green army fatigues sitting on a bench.

As we was almost passed him when he stood up raising one hand with index finger pointing up and in a loud clear voice proclaimed "I am not now or ever have been affiliated with the boy scouts of America"..and as he sat back down we heard him mutter what sounded like godamsonsabitches.

We had a good laugh at that and hurriedly made or way back to the safety of our vehicle.

San Francisco, my cruisers live elsewhere unfortunately.

I haven‘t considered a snow trip, but I’m game for any plans that involve taking the 40 off asphalt.

Have you considered Hollister Hills? Great variety of terrain..........but no snow. Where would you go for a snow run?

Hollister hills mud is the worst. That clay sticks to everything and no matter how much you power wash it never really gets clean. I could be convinced to do a snow run if there is a decent sized group.

I have a 72 in Aptos. Definitely a work in progress, but a very original specimen. Purchased it last April.

IMG_20191112_104145646.jpg

Scott!!! Where have you been!!! 45 lv still in the garage? The Bay Area does have a lot of cruiserheads.! Maybe we should do another coastal get together! I do have some property on the coast!View attachment 2156939
Yeah buddy! I'm still lurking. And the Lv is still lurking too! I'm all about a 2020 Coastal get together. Let's get the gang back together.

I’m in Livermore

7ACCDE9B-E82C-4425-93F4-FFC95EC20D04.jpeg
142DB7C5-B0B4-4CA7-9F2F-D2F558AC1D74.jpeg

Last edited:
Sonora area has some good snow run areas. I went a couple of years ago with the Santa Cruz 4 Wheel Drive Club. I will have to remember the exact road or ask another buddy. But I would be way down for a Highway 1 run. Meet after the holidays are over for a Sunday Drive up to Half Moon Bay?

Sonora area has some good snow run areas. I went a couple of years ago with the Santa Cruz 4 Wheel Drive Club. I will have to remember the exact road or ask another buddy. But I would be way down for a Highway 1 run. Meet after the holidays are over for a Sunday Drive up to Half Moon Bay?

i’m game for that. Light project to get some 40’s together is a good start.

1/19/20 - Sunday work for everyone for a Santa Cruz to Half Moon Bay Cruise up Highway 1. Those in the San Fran Oakland area can come down. I will find us a spot to all meet up around 1300 for tacos / beer?

I can probably pull that off. Coming from Orinda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom